Another terrible Newegg experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

newjoy

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
I come here to see if others are having issues, and apparently yes, yes they are indeed.

I've shopped with Newegg for literally decades and I've never had such problems. I have noticed in the last couple years their shipping has been taking longer and longer. Now this time, I placed an order end of November, got the initial 'shipping info received' notification, then nothing for an entire week. I go to send them an email via their 'send us an email' interface, and it doesn't work. Javascript error. Tried on multiple browsers.

SO then I called them up, and cust. service confirms there is no further info on my package. Seems like it hasn't shipped. So I ask for a refund, and they say they will issue me a refund. I get an email with a claim number.

Now about a week later, with no further updates, the item arrives at my house. After I've already purchased it elsewhere. I have also confirmed that I have not received a refund. So needless to say I'm beyond frustrated, go to email them, and remember that their website doesn't work.

Shipping issues during COVID is understandable. But customer service not mentioning anything about that, seeming to have no idea what's going on, telling me I'd get a refund for a package that hasn't shipped, and then getting the package and no refund a week later, is just multiple points of failure. I used to trust this company. They have permanently lost my business. What a shame.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Bought out is not the same thing as acquiring a majority stake - in this case, 55.7%.

I found I've been buying more than I used to from them, but overall among all vendors, as I was doing various upgrades in the past year or two, for myself and my son.

That said, I've never had a problem. On the other hand, I always bought items that were sold and shipped by NewEgg, and not from 3rd party vendors.

Been buying from them since at least 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.