[SOLVED] Another thread about Computer Revving up and down

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Right guys,

I have searched high and low regarding this issue. First of all I tested out windows 8.1 with my current rig, meaning same software and etc and I did not get "revving up and down " of fans when idle.

But I reinstalled windows 10 yet again with the same software and settings and I get revving up and down of the fans ... mainly the CPU fan at idle.
I have checked task manager CPU load and it seems at random some apps like chrome will shoot to the top at "moderate" power ? but then other times it will be another app, taskmanager is constantly changing in power usuage (Which is expected).

I do have a separate software app for my fan controls (Asrock z390 phantom itx)

Specs :

8700K 4.4ghz
120mm fan AIO (CPU temps idle 40-55c)
ITX case (Cooling is limited)
GTX 1080TI zotac
asrock z390 phantom itx
16gb DDR4 3200mhz

Power plan is high performance.

Basically I wish to do basic computer tasks without the fans revving up and down - (If i load chrome the cpu temps shoot up to the 60's - then drops 45's)

Need advice here, in case there is a windows 10 setting i am unaware off - and Apologies if I missing out a lot info, if so please ask

Kind regards

James

Solution
Btw: aio coolers will quickly overheat with a low flow rate. I always keep mine at 75% and quickly ramp it when it gets above 35C. By 50C im running 100% on the pump.

Im running a 22nm 3770k @ 4.4GHz and never go above 67C on prime 95. Thats on a corsair H60 120mm aio.