Another with a Western Digital External Hard Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleL2815

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi All!
Up until about ½ hour ago my 1TB Western Digital External HDD stopped working. No light, no nothing. A few moments previous to it going out I heard the sound Windows makes when you disconnect something, but it immediately came back on. I can’t check the USB 3.0 cable because I don’t have another, until I can get to the office supply in the morning. I did try plugging it into my desktop and still nothing.
I have a research notes and a paper I was in the midst of working on on the drive. So I need to get the information back. But I am unclear if I should just get a new 3.0 usb and power source or should I invest in a docking station as well?
Can I even recover my data with a docking station if it won’t power on?
Please all help would be appreciated because until I can get to the office supply later on this morning I am in a very rough spot. Thanks so much.

{ Update in my exhaustion I noted the HDD size wrong. The correct size is 3 TB, the WD model#
WDBFJK0030HBK-04. I hope that will help in pointing in the right direction to obtain a dock is needed. }

!!!!!!!

UPDATE - It was the power cord and not the unit itself. But as we speak, I am transferring my files off and onto my PC so that I can purchase two forms of backup one another HDD (not WD as this has been my second issue with them) and cloud back up like carbonite or dropbox.

So please board Mods consider this thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.