anoying ticking sound in speakers on keypress

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

paybax

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Listen to me Thelvyn, yeah i admit i'm a bit lasy sometimes and i prefer to ask someone than to do some research but i know i'm smarter then you'l ever be.

I never understood why some ppl are this way on forumz and maybe i never will...

Gotta admit he WAS a bit harsh..... :?
And there are much more polite ways of saying what he did

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Dude you asked where else you could plug in the keyboard when I was clearly talking about electric outlets. Maybe you should have some basic reading and comprehension skills before you post ?

And the Lamp and mouse question ?? LMFAO

As for you being so much smarter then me I would have to say that judging by the post's I have seen you make so far there is not a chance in hell of you being smarter then me. Another 88 is more like it.
If you dont understand the reference just think Sigourney Weaver(Sp?) Movie.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
I'm from Romania, english isn't my native language so sometimes it's hard for me to understand what others are sayin'. I didn't even know what outlet meant until i read your post. The question with the lamp was out of pure curiosity.
Now let me ask you another question, have you ever had a girlfriend in your life?
and an advice: don't get so upset bro' about simpletons like me, your obviusly smarter then me :p

Please excuse my childish behavior, i just couldn't resist the temptetion of lowering my self to your level :D i promis this will be the last post of this kind

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Jeez I think the part about having an electrician install a dedicated one should have tipped you off dont you think ?

A good time to say your primary language wasnt english was when the other guy asked if you were serious about where to plug it wouldnt you think ?

Instead you chose to ask the lamp question which seemed just plain ridiculous. Certainly did look like you were yanking our chains.

Was I a bit harsh ? Yea maybe so. If you had said you didnt understand before this we could have ended it there but you have to go insulting my intelligence telling me how much smarter you are.
And now your asking me if I get laid or something ? Your a Moron.

So all I can tell you is grow up. Your questions came across as pure stupidity and maybe its like you say and maybe its not thats your problem either way.
And if you dont like it ? Well you can go fuck yourself for all I care.

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Yea hes a waste of good electrons.
I should not have responded as I did however. I should just ignore the idiots instead of feeding them.

arty

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
You could also be getting interference if your PC is running on the same mains feed as your speakers. You can buy mains adaptors that 'clean up' your electricity feed.
Your PC PSU filters your power supply anyway. Filtering your power supply wont do anything if your pc PSU is crap. Your PSU could be introducing RFI (radio frequency interference). I'd look at that first.

My VIA m10000 suffers from RFI. It is much worse when it is run from a power adaptor (notorious RFI producers) than from a regular PSU.

People who are keen on their hi-fis buy these sometimes.
Audiophile suckers who also buy $20/m or more speaker cable that is no better than $2/m cable.

could be a ground loop, see here
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/otherhumming.html

Onboard sound is often affected by RFI from the motherboard or other computer components. I haven't had much luck getting rid of it except putting in a sound card.

arty

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
Could also try turning on spread spectrum in the bios.

I've never had a motherboard with 'spread spectrum' as a bios option...unless I missed it. All my motherboards are 3 or 4 years old, maybe that's why. I'll google it.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
the mouse problem was from a friend of mine and the keyboard from another. I don't know if they still have the same problem. I know if it was my problem i would have fixed it in less then a hour :p

Try this, go into your volume control panel and mute line-in. Since this is onboard sound, this input channel can pick up noise from the motherboard. With onboard sound, and digital activity (especially activity that's generated occasionally as is the case with mouse movement, key strokes) can cross talk to the analog portion of the onboard sound. Since this input is unterminated, it picks up noise very easily. Once it hits the amplifier, it's well.... amplified. I have come across this many times and the solution is nearly always that the unused input isn't muted. The same can be said for microphone input (if separate), if your not using it, mute it.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Grow up man.
The thing is that it's not about the problem, it's about what is causing it, i was just courios, what's the big deal in asking a question?