[SOLVED] [ANSWERED] SSD drive shows only in BIOS and device manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2022
My SSD drive is shown in BIOS and device manager but not anywhere else. I've tried changing my motherboard to the old one, using USB adapter but nothing works. Although on my friends pc it works just fine.

Nov 12, 2022
Please show screenshots from:
Disk Management​
Device Manager (disk drives and storage controllers sections expanded),​
Windows Storage Spaces and​
BIOS screen, where drive is being shown.​

What model drive is it?
What model motherboard?
image.png

IMG_20221113_063349.jpg

My main motherboard is Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2, this one is Gigabyte B360 Aorus Gaming Wi-Fi. The drive worked on both of them in the past.

Nov 12, 2022
There was no drive D : in Disk Management screenshot.
Are those images from same computer?

I'd suggest, you get rid of storage spaces.
Remove drives from pool and delete the pool.

Then your 960GB drive should appear in Disk Management.
As I said, this drive is my old HDD, I installed that SSD in it's place to check whether its something with the cables or ports

So - that is external drive and you have added it to storage spaces?
Storage spaces is not meant to be used with external/removable drives (nor internal drives you connect/remove from time to time).
Get rid of it.

Storage spaces is a form or raid analog. Unless you have a very specific need to use it, better to avoid it altogether.

Reactions: lunek
Nov 12, 2022
So - that is external drive and you have added it to storage spaces?
Storage spaces is not meant to be used with external/removable drives (nor internal drives you connect/remove from time to time).
Get rid of it.

Storage spaces is a form or raid analog. Unless you have a very specific need to use it, better to avoid it altogether.
Let me get it straight. Every single drive is NOT external. I just put that not working ssd in place of hdd to see if maybe SATA port or cable causes a problem. I just put hdd back in, reconnected SSD to original spot on motherboard and everything is same as in first screenshots just with the hdd in.

rgd1101

Don't
so total you have 2 disk
image.png

That's my other drive, in screenshots before I tried to use it's slot for ssd but it didn't work so I plugged them back as they were.
why did you plugged them back? that doesn't help to figure out your ssd issue

my guess is like Skynetrising is thinking. storage spaces is messing with the drive.
can you plut the ssd in sata 2? and leave both 250gb and the old hdd in place.

Reactions: lunek
Nov 12, 2022
I have found an answer. I don't really know why but my windows update decide to forcefully not update. I had to brute force update it. I have no clue why that would happen but it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.