Ant inside monitor, help

Alex_316

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
so just today i had a little bit of a ant problem so i called the ant guys up an they did the usual and sprayed around the house and got rid of the ants inside the house so when got my room they told me to move some things around so i do and get all the ants out so great no more ants, well i turn on my pc and boom dead ant inside monitor no idea what to do, but if anyone knows any way to get the thing out then tell me or should i just take the monitor apart?

Solution

Is there any way you are able to get the front bezel to flex even a little bit to get some compressed air in there? An LED TV is...

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
LOL Damn!I can't say I've ever come across that one. I've worked on systems where there were dead mice in them, and stuff like that. You could take the monitor apart and get it out. Just be super careful. What kind of monitor is it? LCD, CRT? You may be able to carefully pry the bezel away from the screen just enough to get some compressed air to blow the ant away.

USAFRet

Titan
At least yours is dead.
This was my monitor a couple of years ago:
8w06e15.gif

Until that monitor went away (for different reasons), he was called "Squishy".

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

I believe the Ant is already dead, so you would need to re-configure your list.
1. Name said dead Ant "Pixel"
2. Contact the monitor manufacturer, and tell them your monitor has a dead pixel
3. Wait for the RMA instructions.
4. Hope they have a sense of humor when they receive the monitor back with a dead ant and a sticky note saying "RIP Pixel. The best pet Ant anyone could ever hope for."

Edited: Somehow I can't spell Ant today. I keep typing And

Alex_316

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
well in response to your serious answer for one i realized this is not a monitor apparently its a LED TV so to continue i took off the backplate to reveal to layers one was a huge white panel and another one was the screen it self i think with somekind of electronics on the back of it the huge white panel did not have the ant on it. the screen layer (with the electronics on the back) at some type of like tape holding it to the back of the monitor together so really i have now i idea what to do?

also compared to your ant mine is like 3 times bigger and in the dead center of the screen (extra annoying)

also in your video the ant seems to go under the mouse whlie my is above a layer so which layer should i be looking for?

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

Is there any way you are able to get the front bezel to flex even a little bit to get some compressed air in there? An LED TV is way more work to get to the front of the screen than a standard LED computer monitor. You're best bet is to try to flex the front edge just enough to be able to get the little red tube from a can of compressed air to push the ant away.
Lightly tapping the side of the TV with it sitting upright. Does that give enough vibration to "jiggle" the ant down, and away from the centre of the screen?

Solution

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

It's likely a very good 2 sided tape around the edges holding the screen to the front panel. There really should be a way to get the front of the screen loose enough to be able to coax the ant out.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

No no no. That's a good thing. It's a blood sacrifice to the Gaming Gods. He's going to be 1337 for a number of years to come.

But, in all seriousness, we're glad to help, and happy it's resolved for you!