Antec 300 Case & CPU Cooler

swtrader

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
I have put together a i7 920 on a GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard that I want to overclock. *BUT* its in a Antec 300 case and I've been told the Prolimatech Megahalems will not fit in the Antec 300, so I started to look at other coolers but thier dimensions don't really seem any different.

Which of these cooler fit into the Antec 300 (*NOT BEING FORCE, actually fit):

* 1st chioce list:
Prolimatech Megahalems
Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366 RT
Thermalright Venomous-X

* 2nd Choice list:
Scythe MUGEN-2
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283
Zalman CNPS 10X

Comments about cooler and config are welcome.

Thanks

The large tower style cpu heatsinks in your 1st choice list require a pc case that is 8 inches wide. The Antec 300 case is 8.1 inches wide. It would be a tight fit but they will fit.

I know for certain the Thermalright Ultra 120, Coolermaster Hyper 212+, and the Xigmatek Dark Knight will fit in the Antec 300 pc case.

mattidallama

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
if the 212+ fits in the case then the three main choices will fit they are either 2 mm shorter or the same size its going to be a tight fit but ithey will fit. tbh all three of your fits choices will fit but only the extreme has a fan come with it. so thats either a plus or neg depending on if you want to buy a high cfm fan or not wanting to spend more money on your heatsink. so any of the 1st choices will work for the job just the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366 RT has a fan included while the other two don't
hope i helped and thanks johnny for knowing that the 212+ fits in that particular case

SubNuke

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

I cannot confirm that the Prolimatech Megahalems does not fit in the Antec 300 case because....

I have a Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B (with two 120mm x 25mm fans in push-pull configuration) cooling a Core i7 960 on an eVGA X58 FTW3 inside an Antec 300 (original, without CPU cutout) with 120mm x 25mm fans mounted on the case rear exhaust and the case side panel intake ports, and a 140mm x 25mm fan mounted on the case top exhaust port.

NB: Although this information is almost certainly too late to be helpful to OP, perhaps it will be useful to someone else planning a build.