Antec 300 illusion psu placement

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I have an Antec 300 illusion I been painting the inside of it all white and I'm going to drill some holes for cable management and was wondering if I should drill some holes in the bottom of it so I can turn my psu facing down instead of up. Would this be worth the time and how would I go about doing that. Make some measurements and just drill me a bunch on 1/4 " holes surrounding the fan ?

Solution
If your PSU intake fan isn't pulling from under the case, the case bottom isn't physically on the ground (IE the PC has feet), and you are good at fabrication, I would definitely suggest modifying your case to change the PSU to pull from under the case.

If you are going to be fabricating stuff, you would be better off fabricating a place to put an air filter on the PSU intake than to just drill holes and be done with it.
If your PSU intake fan isn't pulling from under the case, the case bottom isn't physically on the ground (IE the PC has feet), and you are good at fabrication, I would definitely suggest modifying your case to change the PSU to pull from under the case.

If you are going to be fabricating stuff, you would be better off fabricating a place to put an air filter on the PSU intake than to just drill holes and be done with it.

Solution

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Yeah I definitely was going to put some kind of filter. On it was just thinking about maybe zip tying a filter on the bottom of the case figured you wouldn't really see it. That would work wouldn't it. I'll never buy a cheap case again. I bought it on sale for like 40 bucks spent over 50 in painting the interior and about 8 hours in it and now more time and money. Next time I know just to buy a good case

D

Deleted member 217926

The Antec 300 Illusion is a great case even at $60. At $40 it can not be beat. I think your expectations were too high. If you wanted the features of a high end case you should have bought one to begin with.