[SOLVED] Antec 902 V3 RGB?

Apr 3, 2020
Hi All,

So firstly I'm completely new to gaming and recently acquired a Antec 902 gaming PC which I know is at least 20 years old but I love the look of the case.

I like the subtle Blue LED look but am now wanting to change the look with a RGB setup, I have looked on line Youtube Google etc but can't find anything on a Antec 902 or understand the terms that are used with headers, pin types etc (Again I'm out of my league with PC RGB'S and the tech)

What would be the easiest to achieve this? Replace the 4 fans and add RGB strips with a controller box?(they are only Blue) however I have heard that then the Antec auto fan controller won't work if I change the fans
Or should I just upgrade my case and get my current setup installed,My motherboard is follows for possible RGB setup

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
Model B250M-D3H-CF (U3E1)
Version x.x
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Kaby Lake
Chipset Revision 05
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model B250

I have a F@ 600W PSU if that helps at all,

I only use one of the front USB's if that's import on the case,

Tanks in advance for helping a newbie

Solution
Thanks, I really have no idea but I like the case and would like to have it RGB,
Is it easier/better to replace the MB with a RGB one and add RGB fans to it or should I look for a different case?

More Specs
Intel Core i7 7700
DRAM Frequency 1200.1 MHz 16GIG DDR4 Slow I know
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I'm completely new to gaming as you can tell
In my opinion, cheapest way would be to get an RGB controller along with new fans. Just have to match it to type of fans. There are two types of RGB lighting, straight RGB (12v) and A(addressable)RGB (5v).
Hi All,

So firstly I'm completely new to gaming and recently acquired a Antec 902 gaming PC which I know is at least 20 years old but I love the look of the case.

I like the subtle Blue LED look but am now wanting to change the look with a RGB setup, I have looked on line Youtube Google etc but can't find anything on a Antec 902 or understand the terms that are used with headers, pin types etc (Again I'm out of my league with PC RGB'S and the tech)

What would be the easiest to achieve this? Replace the 4 fans and add RGB strips with a controller box?(they are only Blue) however I have heard that then the Antec auto fan controller won't work if I change the fans
Or should I just upgrade my case and get my current setup installed,My motherboard is follows for possible RGB setup

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
Model B250M-D3H-CF (U3E1)
Version x.x
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Kaby Lake
Chipset Revision 05
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model B250

I have a F@ 600W PSU if that helps at all,

I only use one of the front USB's if that's import on the case,

Tanks in advance for helping a newbie
That's just a prebuilt PC with normal parts in an Antec 902 case and all connections are standard. Unfortunately that MB doesn't have an RGB controller sou you would have to change all fas wwith RGB ones and use separate RGB controller for them.

Apr 3, 2020
That's just a prebuilt PC with normal parts in an Antec 902 case and all connections are standard. Unfortunately that MB doesn't have an RGB controller sou you would have to change all fas wwith RGB ones and use separate RGB controller for them.
[

Thanks, I really have no idea but I like the case and would like to have it RGB,
Is it easier/better to replace the MB with a RGB one and add RGB fans to it or should I look for a different case?

More Specs
Intel Core i7 7700
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

More Specs
Intel Core i7 7700
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

In my opinion, cheapest way would be to get an RGB controller along with new fans. Just have to match it to type of fans. There are two types of RGB lighting, straight RGB (12v) and A(addressable)RGB (5v).

Solution
Apr 3, 2020

Thanks a lot for your advice, will the controller also auto control the fan speed?