[SOLVED] Antec A400 cpu cooler

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hi recently I shipped my PC via car for 400 odd kms, I just packed my pc with thermocol and bubble wrap, so that the cooler and the GPU doesn't move. The system is working fine now. The cpu cooler looks stable after the journey.

My question is the other day I saw a youtube video where a pc builder shipped a customer pc via car, only the stock cpu cooler to move and the pc not to switch on, so they have to reinstall the amd wraith cooler to switch it back on. Iam happy that I didn't face those problems.

My cooler is heavy but survived, but the wraith didn't, is it because wraith cooler clips are not big and sturdy as my cooler?
Should I reinstall mine too?, As we all know the cpu locking of amd is not secure as Intel's.?

Solution
The system is working fine now.
Why such urge to needle a working pc? If it aint broken you don't fix it.
On a serious note, monitor the temps, do some stress tests, and if you find anomalies then go ahead and reinstall it. Otherwise you are all good.

As to why the other one didn't survive, it can be any number of reason, bad roads, rash driving, too much jerking, etc.
The system is working fine now.
On a serious note, monitor the temps, do some stress tests, and if you find anomalies then go ahead and reinstall it. Otherwise you are all good.

As to why the other one didn't survive, it can be any number of reason, bad roads, rash driving, too much jerking, etc.

Solution

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020

Thanks for your info, yes will do a stress test and see how it goes.