Question Antec Case VSK4000E-U3 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoresteen

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2016
I stared a new build yesterday and discovered an issue with my new Antec Case VSK4000E-U3. The rail that PCI/ISA/hangers attach is only drilled for two slots. The other 5 slots have no screw holes drilled. The two screws are mine and were not installed when I received the case.

case_no_screw_holes.jpg

The case did not come with a clamp down piece like some cases have.

Is this normal? Am I expected to drill & tap the screw holes? I find this weird for an Antec case.

I reached out to the seller & Antec but no reply yet.

Thanks!

aoresteen

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2016
Antec replied. It is defective. It should have them all drilled. I've decided to drill & tap rather than go through a long return process.

The delater I bought them from says all of his are like that. Seems like someone goofed in Quality Control at Antec,

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I was going to suggest that the case was defective and needed to be returned. But if that is the only issue, and you're OK with drilling/tapping, then that is a good work-around. Saves not having a case until they get around to sending you one.

Did you drill/tap the other two holes? Pretty flimsy steel there for applying much pressure.

aoresteen

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2016
Nope. It came with two drilled & tapped. I haven't drilled the others yet. I have the #36 drill bit but my 6-32 tap has gone AWOL - well, I supose it's where I put it but I can't remember :) . I'm sure Harbour Freight has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS