Antec H20 620 - Second fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger1066

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Dear all,

I have just bought an antec h20 620. Was a little disappointed to note a few very small flaws in the radiator grill. Despite these, the system works well and is running quietly and has reduced temps compared to the intel stock fan.

I want to put a second fan on the unit. I've already got an akaska apache black super silent fan. I have two questions that I need help with.

1) what's the best way to mount the 2nd fan to the radiator?

2) I still want the antec pump to control the fan. Can I use a fan splitter cable and connect both fans to the pump, and then the pump to the motherboard to get the pump to regulate both? Or is there a better way.

pauljh74

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
I have one of these installed in a Corsair 600T. I kept the Antec fan in the position recommended and used the Corsair rear case fan and screwed it onto the back of the radiator with the typical case screws with the hexagonal nut head. But you can't use any too short or they won't reach through. I hooked that second fan up to the case fan header.

Normal spec would see the Antec fan drawing air from the radiator out the back of the case. I've maintained that and put the Corsair case fan behind the radiator pushing air through the radiator and out of the case. I realise it is not connected to the Antec pump header, but it certainly better than nothing.

Stranger1066

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Thanks. Does that automatically control fan rpm? Or do you have to set it in the bios. Ideally I wanted to find a way to set it so it automatically so that it would increase rpm with CPU load. I'll attach the fan as recommended and I'll check it. If not maybe I can use software like speedfan or something to adjust it automatically.

Can speedfan do this? Or is there a better piece of software? P.s thanks for info Paul.

Uther39

Distinguished
This is the best way to control your 2nd fan with one of these.
Akasa AK-CB002 PWM splitter - smart fan cable
51xOLzKTz9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CB002-PWM-splitter-smart/dp/B001J2YRUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313332898&sr=8-1

Status
Not open for further replies.