Question ANTEC HCG 850M

VoodooHex

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
so there is this psu the normal one is HCG 850 which is gold 80+ and the HCG 850M is bronze 80+

I happend to have the bronze one and i saw the led fan on it supposed to be blue ,i installed it on my system right now and the led is white .. every page of it i see and some pcs pictures i see its blue exactly the same psu but i also found some with white led .. does it maybe v2? or something like that or can i change the fan inside with a blue fan ?

Lutfij

Titan
I can see that the fan on the unit is white. All other sources that come up via Google Image search indicates to me that most have taken a picture with the camera's white balance set to auto. Outside of that the mention of the LED's color is not found on the marketing material from Antec.

You shouldn't since tampering with the PSU means that you're dealing with electrical components that can be hazardous to your health if you don't know what you're doing. The caps can hold onto charge for years on end and can electrocute you. It will also mean you're voiding warranty on the PSU. Even if you could, I doubt you'd be able to wire a new fan to the PSU let alone find the right fan with the right RPM curve for the unit.