Antec Introduces New Audio Line at Computex 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicalbass

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Any audio enthusiast knows that beats audio was garbage from day 1. This looks like garbage too. If you want quality headphones, you buy from a company that engineers for audiophiles. Not a company that makes computer cases and power supplies. These companies putting out garbage like this and marketing it as high end audio has got to stop.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]technicalbass[/nom]Any audio enthusiast knows that beats audio was garbage from day 1. This looks like garbage too. If you want quality headphones, you buy from a company that engineers for audiophiles. Not a company that makes computer cases and power supplies. These companies putting out garbage like this and marketing it as high end audio has got to stop.[/citation]

Not all companies are like that, Corsair did a wonderful job with the SP2500 speakers.
I think they are the best within the price range too.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Not all companies are like that, Corsair did a wonderful job with the SP2500 speakers.I think they are the best within the price range too.[/citation]

I was seriously just about to mention that. I'm a proud owner of the SP2500 2.1 system and it's absolutely the most fantastic system I've ever used. I was hesitant about the brand, but the reviews and specs turned me onto it. I have no regrets.

Brand recognition has been such a selling point for certain lines of products that some people forget that a company has to start somewhere with their products. "OMGs! The computer case company makes audio stuff now! everything they make that isn't what they started with must be crap!" Are you serious? That kind of logic needs to die. Actually research the product fool.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]technicalbass[/nom]Any audio enthusiast knows that beats audio was garbage from day 1. This looks like garbage too. If you want quality headphones, you buy from a company that engineers for audiophiles. Not a company that makes computer cases and power supplies. These companies putting out garbage like this and marketing it as high end audio has got to stop.[/citation]

Also, beats WAS designed for audiophiles... So based on your logic.... *blue screen*

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

Considering that Antec outsources most of their manufacturing (much like most companies that produce "audiophile-quality" stuff) it's all up to who is actually doing the manufacturing for them. For instance, if these were made to be equivalent to Technics DJ quality headphones, it's gonna be good stuff. I have yet to see (or hear) anything that is even close. Oh, and anybody that says that specs don't matter and says a headphone set with the uber-average 20Hz-20KHz range sounds good doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Logitech made some really nice THX-certified surround speakers not that long ago, and they were a joystick and keyboard company, so saying that a company can't produce a good product in an established market that is new to them doesn't make one lick of sense.

force550

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I agree with technicalbass. I'm too fed up with pathetic headphones / speakers being THX certified,powered from USB and sold as audiophile-ish quality for 20$ LFMAO. Rather avarage sound stuff from rather avarage company. nuff said

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]force550[/nom]I agree with technicalbass. I'm too fed up with pathetic headphones / speakers being THX certified,powered from USB and sold as audiophile-ish quality for 20$ LFMAO. Rather avarage sound stuff from rather avarage company. nuff said[/citation]

THX isn't a pure audio quality "by the numbers" specification, but it does qualify speakers based on loudness, relative distortion, and surround field impression. THX is a proprietary standardization system for audio and video quality, and generally speaking, you won't find crappy stuff certified under it. It is one of only a handful of certification systems, but is also well respected in the industry. There is a reason why filmmakers use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS