Antec Mercury 120 is good ?

abodeking1

Proper
Nov 9, 2018
does thos Antec Mercury 120 is good for i7 8700 ? gaming pc

i see review that its on 65 temp in 40 50 usage at gaming..

is 65 temp is good ? or i have to look for another cooler? what you suggest me ?

abodeking1

Proper
Nov 9, 2018
WildCard999 said:
High end air > Low end AIO.

What case are you using and what is your budget?
this cooler is 70 dollar! it's not cheap for this cpu !

70 dollar? something like that.

but most good air cooler like noctua is big and take place. and i will be harder to add rams ...

Case is Sharkoon Tg5

AIOs are more prone to failure and you pay more for the same level of cooling performance compared to air coolers. Unless you are restricted by a small case or RAM clearance, or only really care about aesthetics, air is usually the better choice. Your case is wide enough that it should fit any high end air cooler, so unless you plan on buying RAM with huge heatspreaders or are going all out on RGB lighting and plan on getting RGB RAM sticks too, air is still probably a better choice. Since this is a locked 8700, you don't need a really big air cooler either. Something like a Cryorig H7, which won't cause RAM clearance issues would be sufficient and offer similar or better cooling performance to a 120mm AIO.

abodeking1

Proper
Nov 9, 2018
@supernoval1138 there is no Cryorig H7 in our shops.
@wildcard999 also the one you mention not in our shops.

i will list you the cooler that i have; you choose me one.

in our shops it costs :-

Noctua NH-U9 TR4-SP3 costs 76$

Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 costs 53$

Noctua NH-D15S costs 94$

what would you choose ?

Well the NH-U9 you listed has a larger base plate that is only compatible with AMD Threadripper CPUs, so that's out. The NH-L9 is a small cooler that isn't that much better than the stock one. It might be okay since this is a locked 8700 that you can't overclock, but is a bit pricey for what you're getting. The NH-D15S is a high end air cooler, probably a bit overkill unless you have an 8700k and want to overclock it. If you can find a single tower cooler like the NH-U9 that actually fits on the LGA1151 socket, that might be a better option if you don't want to shell out for the NH-D15S.

abodeking1

Proper
Nov 9, 2018
i need something to cool down my cpu to 60 max underload.. yeah the nhd15s is to big too . i dont like it.

what's about cooler master hyper 212 led

abodeking1

Proper
Nov 9, 2018
@vMax

will it keep cpu in good temp like 50 55 max under load?

i see a youtube vid that the cpu reaching 70 tmep under 55 cpu usage..