Antec P180 with a NEO 430W PSU

SciFi25

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
As both the PSU and the case are Antec I assume these two would be compatible?? Could some one confirm this as I have had a look on Antec's website and ebuyer.com and neither of these sites had a compatibility list.

Also does anyone know if the Zalman CNPS9500 CPU cooler with the ASUS A8R-MVP Skt939 motherboard in this case would work. This is mainly down to the cooler's huge size (130mm)

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
As both the PSU and the case are Antec I assume these two would be compatible?? Could some one confirm this as I have had a look on Antec's website and ebuyer.com and neither of these sites had a compatibility list.

Also does anyone know if the Zalman CNPS9500 CPU cooler with the ASUS A8R-MVP Skt939 motherboard in this case would work. This is mainly down to the cooler's huge size (130mm)

Not sure on the PSU, I have an Antec Smartpower 500w in my P180 and it works great with the case.

As far as the Zalman, check thier website for diameter size of the HS, you just have to make sure your board with the HS doesn't interfere with the P180's top mounted fan

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
The PSU should fit inside the case, however, what you'll want to do is figure out where/how the mtherboard you're going to put in the case is going to sit, and if the cables on the NEO are long enough to get where they're going. Not likely an issue, but you should ouble check cause the P180 is a non-standard layout that can stretch cables more than expected.

SciFi25

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
The PSU should fit inside the case, however, what you'll want to do is figure out where/how the mtherboard you're going to put in the case is going to sit, and if the cables on the NEO are long enough to get where they're going. Not likely an issue, but you should ouble check cause the P180 is a non-standard layout that can stretch cables more than expected.

Well according to one review of the P-180 I have read, not sure which one, it seems that Antec recomend using the Neo or NeoHE becuase the designs have been changed to make sure they work with this case.

Thanks for you help guys. Still not sure about the cooler but I suppose I will just have to wait and see and if it doesn't fit, I'll just have to put it up on ebay!! lol!

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005

Well according to one review of the P-180 I have read, not sure which one, it seems that Antec recomend using the Neo or NeoHE becuase the designs have been changed to make sure they work with this case.

Thanks for you help guys. Still not sure about the cooler but I suppose I will just have to wait and see and if it doesn't fit, I'll just have to put it up on ebay!! lol!

I would stay clear of the NEO HE!
I, (like hundreds of others you can find on various message boards), returned mine because it didn't work good.
The PCIe cable was incompatible with my ATI X850 XT, when I used the adapter the card came with, I was able to get a video signal, and then the post screen told me that I was unsuccessful in my last overclock attempt? (I haven't overclocked it yet!), I think something wasn't getting the right power.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Ok so what PSU would you recomend, give that the neoHE's price tag of £60 is pretty much my maximum.

This is the one I ended up getting:
Antec SmartPower 500Watt (SP-500)
I picked it up at a local CompUSA for $100
Works flawlessly with no dips in voltage, had modular connectors and two 80mm fans (one into it, one out of it)
Very quiet!
Has SATA & PCIe connectors as well
(24 pin with 4 pin removable & 4 pin cpu connector)

I'm not saying the SP is a BAD PSU, just that there are better PSUs for the money you spent. The two PSUs I listed have higher quality components, are more efficient and are also rated with higher wattages.

black_dought

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Works flawlessly with no dips in voltage, had modular connectors and two 80mm fans (one into it, one out of it)
Very quiet!

Hey I was thinking of gettng the P180 case, however I wasnt sure if my ANTEC True Power 2.0 550w is compatible, meaning are my cables long enough and does it fit??

Some help with this would be greatly appreciated before I buy this case. :)

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Very quiet!

Hey I was thinking of gettng the P180 case, however I wasnt sure if my ANTEC True Power 2.0 550w is compatible, meaning are my cables long enough and does it fit??

Some help with this would be greatly appreciated before I buy this case. :)

Yes, the cables all fit easily, and you can get one cheaper than what I payed, online.
I just wanted one that night to use for my system! :)
My board is an ASUS P5AD2-E Deluxe (not that you have the same board, but just for referance)

black_dought

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
As far as the Zalman, check thier website for diameter size of the HS, you just have to make sure your board with the HS doesn't interfere with the P180's top mounted fan

Going back to this, I had a question as well. I was in the midst of buying a Zalman 7700CU 120mm fan for my Opty 150. How would I go about finding out if this will interfere with the fans in the P180>? Thanks

Marcus

CommodoreRed

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Shouldnt, could always replace a fan. And if you are going to spend upwards of 100 on PSU, may I suggest: FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A ATX12V 500W Power Supply

FSP is quality, personally had a dud with Antec stuff before. Dont trust them psu wise. From many reviews and recs and a friend with this PSU (well a FSP one) they are great psus, but im pretty sure this is compatiable with the antec p180, need to confirm better be because may get that case and DEFINITELY this psu.