[SOLVED] Antec Prizm with Cooler Master RGB Controller?

dheep.cherian

Commendable
Sep 29, 2018
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if this:
https://antec.com/product/cooling/prizm-120-argb-32c.php
RGB fan kit with 3 RGB fans and 2 LED strips would be compatible with Cooler Master's ARGB controller.

My motherboard doesn't have a dedicated RGB header so if these work together it would be great! From what I've seen, the fans and the strips all plug into a controller provided by Antec in the kit, which in turn can be connected to the motherboard's RGB header to use with software, or the lights can be controlled using the buttons. I was wondering, since my motherboard doesn't have a dedicated RGB header, if I could plug the Antec controller into the Cooler Master RGB controller? I'm new to the whole RGB game, so excuse me if I make no sense 😅.

Solution
First off, ARGB and RGB are two different matters. You should include the controller you're looking at from CoolerMaster. As it stands, if you say your motherbaord doesn't have the necessary header, might it be possible to state what the make and model of your board is?

If you read through the manual, for the Antec kit, you'll find in the second page of that leaflet that the controller can work off a remapped chassis button and avoid having to use the header on a motherboard.

If you haven't purchased the kit, please do yourself a favor and pick a kit that has the CoolerMaster RGB controller(the ARGB controller) and their corresponding case fans and call it a day or just avoid RGB since it's only causing people to make a mess of...

Lutfij

Titan
First off, ARGB and RGB are two different matters. You should include the controller you're looking at from CoolerMaster. As it stands, if you say your motherbaord doesn't have the necessary header, might it be possible to state what the make and model of your board is?

If you read through the manual, for the Antec kit, you'll find in the second page of that leaflet that the controller can work off a remapped chassis button and avoid having to use the header on a motherboard.

If you haven't purchased the kit, please do yourself a favor and pick a kit that has the CoolerMaster RGB controller(the ARGB controller) and their corresponding case fans and call it a day or just avoid RGB since it's only causing people to make a mess of their system's.

Solution