[SOLVED] Antec VP550P Plus

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I'm considering the Antec VP550P Plus for a budget build. Reviews are mostly favourable but the ones I found are mostly about the early VP550P, not the Plus. The cons are about the noise and the lack of input surge protection. Does anyone know if these issues are addressed in the Plus model?

Solution
I hope this doesn't sound rude: At this point, I'm not looking for recommendations (that may change) but instead would like to know if the two points of criticism - noise and lack of a MOV at the input - have been addressed in the Plus version.

The intended use of the PSU is initially to replace a dying sub-$10 PSU in a very old Pentium E5400 system, and later to power a new entry level machine when the owner has saved up enough - probably a Ryzen 5 with IGP with a possibility of adding a discrete card still later.

I'm in a remote corner of India where it's often not possible to pick and choose. I've assembled a couple of hundred PCs - mostly budget with some mid-range and a few high-end systems.
Am from India too... Well...

Lutfij

Titan
Scroll down to Tier D in this thread. As for your system, might want to parse the specs to said build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU: if the build already has a unit in it
Chassis:

Where are you located, what is your budget for a PSU purchase and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I hope this doesn't sound rude: At this point, I'm not looking for recommendations (that may change) but instead would like to know if the two points of criticism - noise and lack of a MOV at the input - have been addressed in the Plus version.

The intended use of the PSU is initially to replace a dying sub-$10 PSU in a very old Pentium E5400 system, and later to power a new entry level machine when the owner has saved up enough - probably a Ryzen 5 with IGP with a possibility of adding a discrete card still later.

I'm in a remote corner of India where it's often not possible to pick and choose. I've assembled a couple of hundred PCs - mostly budget with some mid-range and a few high-end systems.

Am from India too... Well atleast you can buy Coolermaster MWE 450v2 80+bronze that is better than this one.. from its design and component selection.. while Corsair units are like too expensive on online stores you can buy them cheap from local stores.. but don't buy online (am taking about Corsair CX,TX units) CV and VS are bad.. not even good as Coolermaster MWE V2 bronze..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS