Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hello,

Here are my main specs:

Motherboard MSI X58A-GD45 USB3 SLI/CROSSFIRE USB

power supply APEVIA 800WATT POWER SUPPLY

video card EVGA NVIDIA GTX 580 1.5 GB PCI-E

processor INTEL i7-960 3.20GHZ 8M 1366 RETAIL

My stock liquid cooling system (Xtreme 120MM) was starting to make popping noises and my CPU was getting extremely hot (90 degrees C), so I did research on the product and found it was a very poor cooling system and that it needed to be replaced (i've had it for a little over a year now). I picked up the Antec Kuhler 620 and installed it
uFQXQ.jpg
. I plugged the three prong power into my four prong cpu fan slot (I researched this and found that it was ok, just to make sure it lines up correctly, but am not sure
Yg7vJ.jpg
). The computer boots normally, but it is abnormally slow/sluggish, and after running video games I get various blue screens ( they have all been different). Clearly something is wrong with the installation I did. I have done all the research on it and can't find a solution. The strange thing to is when I go into my bios i get absolutely no options (see attached photo).
UbN45.jpg

In summary the computer is running, but everything seems slow. I run stress tests and they test normally. I just get blue screens when I think it gets REALLY stressed (playing high quality video games). When I first installed it, it also was getting random blue screens and such. Anyone have any ideas for me to try, for I am sure out of them! My other idea to clarify that it was indeed the cooling system, was to unplug it, and see how the computer acts then, but was nervous about trying this. I don't have any other fans around to try.

Thanks in advance!

sakrei

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Nope, but the computer would shut off when it got too hot, which is why we decided to replace it. The temp's were reading in the high 30's, low 40's after we installed the new cooler, so I believe it is working, but something strange is going on. Thx for the reply!

sakrei

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
The PSU in my other computer is not powerful enough so I can't try that one. Is there any other way to see if I can tell if that is indeed the problem? Can I try unplugging the liquid cooling system power cord from the Mobo and seeing if the computer runs normal? Or is that too dangerous?

sakrei

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I have 24gb (6x4) Adata DDr3 1333. I pulled 4 sticks and am running the test with 2 and have had no issues so far. Something like this happened before, and pulling all of the sticks out and running the test on one at a time seem'd to some how magically fix everything, so fingers crossed.

sakrei

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I'm getting very strange behavior. I plugged a stick in, it failed, moved on, then added it in later with confirmed working sticks and now its working. Could this be power supply related? This also happened to me before.

sakrei

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I could get the test to past with 5 of 6 sticks. No crashing since I took the bad stick out. Played the game for awhile and let the GPU get nice and stressed, no issues. Could have just been that stick went bad then the CPU was overheating. If it starts crashing again, I am going to then replace the power supply because I can't imagine what else it could be.

Antec CS155

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
HI Sakrei,

Just wondering, what's the airflow on the Kuhler 620?? I would suggest, installing the fan behind the radiator and the air flow should be blowing towards the radiator fins and if you have another 120mm fan, install the fan on the other side. If you need some long fan screws, e-mail me, vip@antec.com. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions or concerns

Thanks

JerryMcFail

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Should that fan be pushing air from inside the case through the radiator and out the case??