Anti Aliasing Broken on Asus Nvidia Strix 1060 6GB Direct CU2 Graphics Card

vincentmac

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Okay guys, I seriously need your help. I am facing this issue since 5 months now where everything on my screen seems jagged. The text, YouTube video, video games (all video games). Circular images are not complete circles but blurred around the edges.

HI have the same jaggedness on my mobile phone when i watch YouTube videos. This has gotten me to this if its an electric field problem or something.

Here are my PC specs:

MSI B250M Mortar motherboard
Intel i5 7500
2 TB western Digital HDD (formatted this when the issue began)
Asus Nvidia STRIX GTX 1060 Direct CU2 6GB (rolled back drivers when the issue began)
Corsair VS 650 Watts
LG 22mp68vq 1080p monitor(changed to this after issue began)
8GB Corsair vengeance ddr4 ram

I have tried everything that was available on the internet and was not able to get rid of the jaggies or shimmering of this lines at distance.
Moreover, the draw distance in games have reduced and textures often popup while traversing a landscape at high speed.

Hoping for a quick response from your side.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some images that show the issue i face.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ynhWs

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Anti-aliasing is a cpu bound setting, not gpu. It can't be broken. But it can be disabled. At 4k DSR, it's pretty much redundant. If you are running GeForce Experience to get optimization for the games, manually set the resolution for your screen and turn off the 4k DSR. Also make sure the Xbox DVR stuff in windows is disabled, it conflicts with many pc games.

vincentmac

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

This is to show that even at 4k resolution, the same problem persists.

vincentmac

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Yes, I did uninstall geforce experience, and i always disable XBOX DVR whenever i reinstall windows. These 4k images are to show that the problem persists even when playing at 4k resolution with MSAA X8.

vincentmac

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hello techies,

I bought my computer with an i5 7500, asus strix 1060 6gb, corsair 8gb ddr4 ram, corsair vs650w psu.
I loved gaming on my pc, it was so eye candy. One day, after a power failure, I noticed that my pc had lost its ability to straighten out the jaggies. I first noticed the issue in nfs most wanted 2012 and then I started noticing it in pretty much every single game.
I thought that it could be my monitor as I was gaming on a 900p monitor which was quite old. I bought a new 1080p ips lcd monitor but the problem prevailed.
I continued gaming on this rig for more than one year. (I got used to this blurry mess).
Yesterday I returned from him and when I switched on my pc, the display wasn't working. So I removed my gpu and the pc started up on mobo vga. Now, was the time to see if the aa still persists and to my surprise the problem is still very much there. I played cod4 with 4x msaa but could noticed so much of jaggies and shimmering.
Now, I am not sure what caused this to happen in my pc.
When I turn on msaa features, there is performance hit but no visual difference. Except for some blurry as techniques like taa, which seem to work.
Can someone help me with this?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not sure what to say. Having AA cranked up won't necessarily eliminate 100% of jaggies/shimmering, but it should reduce it.

Without being able to see it myself it's hard to say what exactly your problem is it even if you have one. I'd there is an issue I would guess it's a software one rather than hardware. You could try uninstalling your graphics drivers with DDU then reinstalling. Or even doing a clean install of windows.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.