DDR4-RAM-3200mhz

CPU Ryzen 5 3600

SSD Samsung EVO 860 500gb

PSU A-power 650W
EDIT: A-Power AK Series 680W

MOBO ASUS TUF B450m Pro Gaming

Last edited:
Solution
I understand, that AA is supposed to drop FPS, and I didn't even think about FXAA (ty for pointing it out) I see a constant increase with the lowest AA setting, still? Could there be a possibility that because it blurs out textures as well that it decreases strain on the GPU?

Well just had a Google about this and apparently the answer is yes.

Fxaa can in certain instances increase fps, I had no idea this was the case personally.
Anti aliasing at low will be fxaa.
Your overall result is the same not better

The reason for that is that fxaa has no performance hit, all it does is blur edges to remove extreme pixellation.

At 1080p and above I think it actually looks worse personally.

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
There's nothing Google image search show when looking for an A-power 650W unit. What are you working with in terms of a PSU...?

Sorry, my bad it's an A-Power 680W AK series.

In another thread in another universe far far away I had an apevia psu ready to install. SEVERAL people told me to not use it, so I picked this PSU up and it works great! Just the cables are not lengthy!

Your fps hasn't increased with aa on, it's exactly the same

Low setting anti aliasing is normally done by using the Fxaa method, this does not decrease fps because its not real anti aliasing, just a blurring done by the GPU.

This doesn't decrease fps at all on modern graphics cards.

If you increase anti aliasing to medium you will get a fairly big fps drop.

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
Your fps hasn't increased with aa on, it's exactly the same

Low setting anti aliasing is normally done by using the Fxaa method, this does not decrease fps because its not real anti aliasing, just a blurring done by the GPU.

This doesn't decrease fps at all on modern graphics cards.

If you increase anti aliasing to medium you will get a fairly big fps drop.

I understand, that AA is supposed to drop FPS, and I didn't even think about FXAA (ty for pointing it out) I see a constant increase with the lowest AA setting, still? Could there be a possibility that because it blurs out textures as well that it decreases strain on the GPU?

Well just had a Google about this and apparently the answer is yes.

Fxaa can in certain instances increase fps, I had no idea this was the case personally.

Reactions: anceintsz
Solution

TRENDING THREADS