[SOLVED] Anti Aliasing isn't working on ANY game i play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2021
Not a single game supports. Everything is jaggy no matter how much i play with the Nvidia Control panel. Nothing works.
specs:
gtx 1050 ti
ryzen 5 2600
16gb ram ddr4
Please my eyes bleed whenever i play a game and it's sucking all the happiness from me.

Solution
Okay, i suspect there are two boot drives, which is why you are presented with that option at start up. While I'm not suggesting this is the reason for the AA issue, it is something I would want to fix.

I'd say that when you got the new drive, you put it in and installed windows while the other drive was still connected? This means your bios will always look for a boot record, and will see it on both drives. Hence the choice.

Ideally you will have to re-install windows to the ssd, but disconnect the other drive before the install. This will install the boot manager record for the new installation onto the SSD only. Then when the install is done you can reconnect the other drive, and use it again.

It might be worth using DDU to...
Jan 29, 2021
Hey there,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Practically every single game in the last 10 years supports some form of anti-aliasing tech.

What games do you play? What resolution is your monitor?

My monitor is 1920X1080, 144hz. I don't think it's the monitor because i used a second monitor to test it, and it doesn't change it .
I am telling you, EVERY single game , GTA vice city, minecraft , Resident Evil(all of them). Even games like Goat Simulator and Fallout Shelter or Counter Strike: Source and CS:GO. (note that these are examples, so if a game just doesn't support AA , it's not it. EVERY game doesn't work.)
The thing is, back in the summer, i didn't have this problem AT ALL.
Here are the things I changed from then, maybe they have something to do with it:
I bought an SSD and changed Windows' location to it.
I rearranged my cables inside the computer so it would have more breathing space. I put them around the back of the computer.
The computer is now on the floor rather on the table.

[I'm thinking of tracing it down to the windows change, but i've reinstalled it and nothing changed(i don't think i reinstalled right either). I would also try to boot the system from the old hard which still has the old Windows.]

Is it enough information? I can't think of any more. Should I contact an IT guy? Please let me know, and thank you for replying.

Jan 29, 2021
Hi there,

Do you have booting issues with the OS on both drives? Or did you clone the old drive to the new one?

Have you tried forcing AA through the Nvidia Control panel?

Yes... now that you brought it up, i do have this issue. When i start up my computer, it stops at this image that says stuff like "press DEL to enter bios, F12 to enter this, F1 to restart" and i have to restart.

Forcing AA through the Nvidia Panel makes things a little better but still not like before.

Okay, i suspect there are two boot drives, which is why you are presented with that option at start up. While I'm not suggesting this is the reason for the AA issue, it is something I would want to fix.

I'd say that when you got the new drive, you put it in and installed windows while the other drive was still connected? This means your bios will always look for a boot record, and will see it on both drives. Hence the choice.

Ideally you will have to re-install windows to the ssd, but disconnect the other drive before the install. This will install the boot manager record for the new installation onto the SSD only. Then when the install is done you can reconnect the other drive, and use it again.

It might be worth using DDU to un-install the GPU driver (you do this in safe mode), then re-install GPU driver doing a clean install.

Let us know how that goes.

Reactions: alecika
Solution
Jan 29, 2021

It might be worth using DDU to un-install the GPU driver (you do this in safe mode), then re-install GPU driver doing a clean install.

i will do that.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 29, 2021

Reinstalling windows like you said actually helped....a lot . I tested it in games i had the worst problems and it seems they have 90% disappeared.
I don't see a point in reinstalling the GPU driver like you said but if i run into any problems i will do it.
Thank you very much, you've also fixed my booting problems !!!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Status
Not open for further replies.