Question Anti-glare on Dell IPS monitors

Mar 9, 2021
Hello,

I have a relatively old Dell IPS monitor, Dell P2314h.
My biggest problem with this monitor, that due to the aggressive 3H anti-reflection coating text, and background (mostly with one color) looks pixelated, grainy, or I could say it looks like the screen is extremely dusty, when in fact it is not.

I am thinking to upgrade to Dell P2419H or P2422H atm.
Did Dell improve their anti-reflection coating in these ~7 years so the new screens doesn't feel this dusty/grainy, or it still remains?

Even the new S2421HS looks like a pretty good choice, but I am not sure if the new monitors also has the same problem, or not.

Mar 9, 2021
Stick to the P's, the one you're looking at(P2419H) is the same panel I got my friend to purchase and I noticed that they improved on the protective(anti glare) coating.

Thanks.

In fact I have a Samsung VA monitor atm, it's 1440p, and text looks a lot more clear, overall screen sharpness is also way better.
Due to the fact that my Dell IPS is 23" and 1080p, while the 27" VA is 1440p the DPI also better (96 PPI vs 109 PPI), but I think the main thing that annoys me is the anti-reflective coating, and probably not the DPI. As I also had a TN monitor before and did not have that type of annoying issue.

What I really like about the IPS how colors look more natural, and overall I think it does feel better. Only if it could have the same kind of clarity, and It wouldn't look that grainy.

I am not sure, if I should maybe go for a 27" 1440p IPS monitor instead, or how much better that would look, but generally I like 2x 1080p better for my usage.