Anti-malware service executable & CPU cooling?

Kallakix2015

Honorable
May 18, 2015
This feature goes by un-noticed on my desktop, but on a laptop it causes a lot of issues. The fans go to almost full rpm and the CPU can go to 85 degrees C. So my question is, do we need anti-malware service executable and if not, how do I remove it?

Also, the only thing that over heats in my laptop is the CPU, I can run a massively intensive game with high settings and the GPU will sit around 60 degrees, while the CPU will shoot up to 90 at times. Is there any way to under-clock or limit the CPU to stop it working so hard? I'd rather have less processing performance and a cooler laptop.

Intel i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz
GTX 970M
12gb RAM
Windows 10 - 64 bit

Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you install another antivirus program, the antimalware service will stop running. Its part of windows defender and only runs if you don't have a better antivirus program in its place. You cannot turn it off any other way its your only defence against malware if you don't have AV. Running malwarebytes isn't enough to stop it

Kallakix2015

Honorable
May 18, 2015

Any suggestions for a good anti virus? I tried Avira a while ago, but it kept showing pop-ups which was a little irritating.