[SOLVED] Anti Static Wrist Strap

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
Got one of these coming today with my new CPU

I heard you have to keep the PC connected at the mains but turned off whilst connecting the strap to the PSU

I'm scared i'll get an electric shock doing this ? Id feel more comfortable disconnecting the PC completely from the mains
Should I just ground myself periodically by touching my electric radiator and touch the pc case before disconnecting it

Last edited:
Solution
Touch the PC case while your disconnecting it. Plus wear the rubber shoes and ground the anti static band to prevent getting shocks. Press the power button for 5 sec while the computer is disconnect to the mains, it will flush out any remaning power in the system. Some people even tap serveral times on the power supply to discharge electricity.
Sep 15, 2019
Touch the PC case while your disconnecting it. Plus wear the rubber shoes and ground the anti static band to prevent getting shocks. Press the power button for 5 sec while the computer is disconnect to the mains, it will flush out any remaning power in the system. Some people even tap serveral times on the power supply to discharge electricity.

Solution