[SOLVED] Anti-Virus mining?

Patrick1264

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
I noticed my machine was running hotter than normal, 50C vs 30C. The fans were blowing allot of heat and it not go to sleep. I figured my wife visited some bad site or something so I decided to do a Full system scan with Norton. Well * norton had a mining program running on my computer, what's up with that? I apparently made $9.50 off of it. I shut it down. Anybody else have this happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
And I will add the suggestion that that is reason enough (no matter how "Crypto mining " came about and started running) to simply remove Norton.

Sure you can go about the process of "walleting" the reported earnings and then do some sort of withdrawal to some applicable and appropriate financial account.

Just think of all the personal information, including financial information, you may need to provide in order to actually cash in and receive that $9.50....

Plus other potential ramifications:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/what-are-cryptocurrency-taxes/

All and all not worth the risks and potential complications as I understand it all.

Windows Security is more than ample to provide system security.

Forget...

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add the suggestion that that is reason enough (no matter how "Crypto mining " came about and started running) to simply remove Norton.

Sure you can go about the process of "walleting" the reported earnings and then do some sort of withdrawal to some applicable and appropriate financial account.

Just think of all the personal information, including financial information, you may need to provide in order to actually cash in and receive that $9.50....

Plus other potential ramifications:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/what-are-cryptocurrency-taxes/

All and all not worth the risks and potential complications as I understand it all.

Windows Security is more than ample to provide system security.

Forget the $9.50 and uninstall Norton.

Reactions: Hellfire13
Solution