[SOLVED] Antimalware Service Executable -- I have tried everything!

blakeaf96

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
This Antimalware Service Executable process that is running constantly takes up 120 MB of Memory and high CPU usage too (at least 30%)

I have tried literally everything. This is constant and been ongoing for months. It's causing severe lag with my computer and mouse as well.

I have disabled Windows Defender multiple times, I don't have any antivirus running at all in the background, I have went into the Registry and turned it off, turned everything off through Windows that has anything to do with Windows Defender of "live protection" - I have went into the Task Scheduler and Disabled all instances of Windows Defender. I have UNchecked "Run with highest privileges" on all things in the Windows Defender area. I have rebooted each time I have done these steps to no avail. That process will NOT go away no matter what I do.

Why the crap is this not turning off? I have went to numerous websites, found numerous ways to disable everything, have followed all directions and the problem continues to persist.

Has anyone ever found a REAL, WORKING solution to this???

Thanks for the help everyone! Hoping someone has had the exact same problem as me but has a permanent solution!!!

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Via the Command Prompt try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

Take a look at what else may be going on via Process Explorer - you may need to download it via Microsoft's website.

Lastly, consider that your system may have, somewhere - sometime, picked up a virus or malware.

Download a free or trial version of an AV app and do a full scan on your system.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Via the Command Prompt try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

Take a look at what else may be going on via Process Explorer - you may need to download it via Microsoft's website.

Lastly, consider that your system may have, somewhere - sometime, picked up a virus or malware.

Download a free or trial version of an AV app and do a full scan on your system.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS