[SOLVED] Antimalware Service Executable Problem

Apr 18, 2020
Windows 10 continues to come up with more and more problems every day I use it. Today, "Antimalware Service Executable" started using 5-10% CPU for 10 secconds, and dissappearing each minute, and it gives me the busy whell on the pointer. I hate that blue wheel turning. It doesn't do this when Real-Time protection is off but I want it running. What should I do? Will it fix itself?
20H2 Latest Update.

Solution
try a clean boot and see if it still happens
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

there may be a solution, I just can't get past google suggesting fixes to the wrong problems. It thinks it knows what I want better than I do. It is a problem I have with it a lot.

this might help
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC...
Apr 18, 2020
shame most of fixes are for high cpu/memory usage. 5% isn't high.

My solution to Defender was use another Antivirus and it won't run at all. Try using https://www.bitdefender.com.au/solutions/free.html instead.
It uses 170mb of ram, not bad. I just hate windows being like this, everyday im running into more and more issues that I need to fix. You sure there isn't any other fix other than using an antivirus?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

there may be a solution, I just can't get past google suggesting fixes to the wrong problems. It thinks it knows what I want better than I do. It is a problem I have with it a lot.

this might help
right click start button
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution
Apr 18, 2020

this might help
right click start button
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC
Thanks for your help, I actually tried SFC and DISM, no problems came up. Thinking about a clean windows install, but I have a lot of data/games, so thats probably not what I'm gonna do. I may try the clean boot tho. Thanks. This really sucks...

Ekran-g-r-nt-s-2021-03-12-122720.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020
So I just found out that even when I turn off that Antimalware Service Executable, the busy blue wheel still keeps on happening from time to time and its glitchy. Is there a fix for that? I REEEEALLY hate that blue wheel.