Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2022
Hello and thank you for your time. I have no idea where I am or how this works and I apologize about that. I'm having so much trouble trying to locate info on my question.
Here goes: I have Hyperbaric oxygen therapy 5 days a week, 2 hrs a session. I wear an antistatic wristband. I'm on my 8th session, and I have 30 all together, maybe more. I mentioned that I have what's called P.O.T.S.autonomic dysfunction. They have never dealt witha patient with this issue. My grounding reading before they shut the chamber door is at about 1.2, 1.5 or 1.6. Another person had a reading of 28. I didn't think much about it until the metal button gave me a small static shock feeling and small blister on my skin 2 days in a row. I mentioned it, and the nurse had never seen that. Just curious if my electrical system in my body may be contributing and am I safe? I don't wanna get shocked n burned every time.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This not a technical question, more of a medical/life one. You should easily be able to discharge any static electricity by touching a metal object before entering the chamber. This would baseline you before any treatment. The wristband should deal with any accumulation while in the chamber. If not, I suspect you aren't grounded well during the procedure itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.