[SOLVED] Antivirus/antimalware that works when Windows Defender and MalwareBytes doesn't detect.

Theresa N

Admirable
Dec 10, 2019
So I think I have a virus/malware that isn't being detected. My computer acts strange such as initial mouse click doesn't work but second one does. I'm also getting intermittent freezes that don't result in a BSOD. Thank you.

Solution
So I think I have a virus/malware that isn't being detected. My computer acts strange such as initial mouse click doesn't work but second one does. I'm also getting intermittent freezes that don't result in a BSOD. Thank you.
You could try running Linux from a USB drive. See if that still has problems. That could help you determine that you have an actual hardware problem.
If linux is OK, then maybe try running in Windows SAFE mode.
You may have a corruption deep in Windows that may only be cleaned up with a fresh OS install.

kanewolf

Titan
You could try running Linux from a USB drive. See if that still has problems. That could help you determine that you have an actual hardware problem.
If linux is OK, then maybe try running in Windows SAFE mode.
You may have a corruption deep in Windows that may only be cleaned up with a fresh OS install.

Reactions: The_Prophecy
Solution