Mar 7, 2019
im trying to get my memory to run at 2666mhz on my b450 elite aorus motherboard

Specs are
Memory Vengeance LPX 2666mhz
Cpu ryzen 1700
Mobo b450 aorus elite
hx750 PSU
rx vega 64 gpu

Now ive tried just using XMP profile and it just boot loops 3 times then resets back to default

ive uppd the dram volts manually
changed timings my self
updated Bios to latest version

im still not 100% familiar with all this stuff, sort of self taught.
have no friends who are into pc so i have to find help on the internet

ill upload some photos soon of the splash screen so you guys can see my options

open the link as there is alot more pics

View: https://imgur.com/a/wK10xoG

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019
Is the RAM installed in correct slots?

i have put them in ddr4_1 and ddr4_2

dcGx6Ip.jpg

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, yeah that's right voltage. I think there may be one or two other voltages you can tweak that might help with RAM, if you look up a ryzen overclocking guide they'd probably tell you which ones.

Could also try experimenting with using different slots and/or 1 stick at a time, just to see if there's any way you can get it to run the XMP profile.

I know that 1st gen Ryzen was a little picky with memory, but 2666 MHz isn't even that fast so I wouldn't have thought it'd be an issue :/

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019
Hmm, yeah that's right voltage. I think there may be one or two other voltages you can tweak that might help with RAM, if you look up a ryzen overclocking guide they'd probably tell you which ones.

Could also try experimenting with using different slots and/or 1 stick at a time, just to see if there's any way you can get it to run the XMP profile.

I know that 1st gen Ryzen was a little picky with memory, but 2666 MHz isn't even that fast so I wouldn't have thought it'd be an issue :/

Yeah I remember on my asrock board I had to manually enter speeds and a few other voltages to get it to run at 2666 but this board is just not having it. And it doesn’t have as much voltage settings to change as my asrock x370 . Kinda wished I went for a x470 instead . May just have To get faster and better suiting ram

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I think you should put your second RAM in the DDR4_3 socket.

As I'm seeing from your manual book the sockets are divided into DDR4_2+DDR4_4 and DDR4_1+DDR4_3

iyKTj35.jpg
DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 are the correct slots to use if you have two DIMMs. Look at the table directly below the area you circled. Also, you're responding to a thread that's nearly half a year old.

Reactions: blacking