Any 3G router compatible with Huawei E3331?

Jan Bernard Payumo

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
It's a Huawei E3331s-2. I live in the Philippines, and I've been searching for hours looking for a router that supports this model specifically. If there are none, do you have any recommendations for a 3G router that utilizes the uSIM instead of the whole 3G modem?

I'm eyeing the TPLink TL-MR3020. It's cheap here, but the E3331 is not listed anywhere, even on other brands like Tenda. I checked the Rooter firmware, and nowhere does it say that it supports E3331.
Thank you!

What you will likely find is that third party firmware like dd-wrt will get support before other platforms mostly because the commercial providers actually want to test the support themselves which takes time.

The device you list is marked as work in progress on the dd-wrt list of supported modems. There likely is discussion in one of the forums as to what issues if any the cause of that condition.

You may want to check cradlepoint as a option this used to be the only place to get a router that supported mobile broadband dongles.

Be sure that both the ISP and the hardware are in the support list. Some ISP intentionally do not release support...mainly to force you to buy a router from them.

Routers that take internal sim cards are getting more and more rare. When it is only software to change it is pretty easy to get a router that can support the 1000s of modems on the market. When you need to actually have the radios chips for every cell system in the world in your router it gets impossible to make that many models cost effectively.

TRENDING THREADS