You will need Z390 for 9th-gen support out-of-the-box. The Asus PRIME Z390-A has white shields, but a black pcb.

You can buy the MSI ARCTIC B360 you picked out, but you will need a cheap 8th-gen CPU to use to update the bios. Celeron G4900 will work. You can buy one on ebay and then update the bios and then sell it on ebay again. It would cost you the amount for shipping and seller fees. But if you really wanted the motherboard.. Or you can try to find someone like a computer shop or something who might do it for free or a fee.

Apr 6, 2019
You will need Z390 for 9th-gen support out-of-the-box. The Asus PRIME Z390-A has white shields, but a black pcb.

You can buy the MSI ARCTIC B360 you picked out, but you will need a cheap 8th-gen CPU to use to update the bios. Celeron G4900 will work. You can buy one on ebay and then update the bios and then sell it on ebay again. It would cost you the amount for shipping and seller fees. But if you really wanted the motherboard.. Or you can try to find someone like a computer shop or something who might do it for free or a fee.
I appreciate the info and help! :)
So what your saying is all i need to do is update the bios on the B360 board and i should be fine using the i9 9900k? is it that gonna hurt performance at all or should it be good and i really do want that board but worst comes to worst i'll just downgrade to an i7

Also this is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zR2Kr6 if there anything you think i could change please let me know :)

I'd get a good Z-series motherboard. You will be limiting your RAM to 2666MHz with a B-series mobo. You should just get 1 kit of however much RAM you want/need. Mixing kits isn't a good idea. DDR4 2666 with Intel isn't a terrible idea if you want to for the white aesthetics instead of absolute performance. Just get an i7-8700 and DDR4 2666 and you don't have to worry about upgrading the bios. Otherwise, if performance is more important then go with a Z390 + i9-9900K.

If you don't already have that GTX 1080 Ti then go with an RTX 2080. That 1080 Ti is out of stock anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm just now seeing that NZXT is making motherboards. They are sort of plain with those covers on them, but it would match your case.
https://www.nzxt.com/products/n7-z390-matte-white
large_9bd5e59a5e7a5e4d.png

TRENDING THREADS