Any advantages?

What are your thoughts on running WinXP on a slave drive,
and then installing my kids games on a slave drive, using
a WD 10,000 RPM Raptor?

Or do I have this concept back asswards?

BigJim

the game will only run as fast as the video card, memory, cpu and of course
the hard drive will let it.
"Gary C" <Clem_Kadiddlehopper@CrazyGooginhiemer.com> wrote in message
> What are your thoughts on running WinXP on a slave drive,
> and then installing my kids games on a slave drive, using
> a WD 10,000 RPM Raptor?
>
> Or do I have this concept back asswards?

Philo

"Gary C" <Clem_Kadiddlehopper@CrazyGooginhiemer.com> wrote in message
> What are your thoughts on running WinXP on a slave drive,
> and then installing my kids games on a slave drive, using
> a WD 10,000 RPM Raptor?
>
> Or do I have this concept back asswards?

well...
if your main drive is slower...then go ahead and put XP on the Raptor

In article <pPl4e.29316$hU7.10323@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, Gary C
says...
> What are your thoughts on running WinXP on a slave drive,
> and then installing my kids games on a slave drive, using
> a WD 10,000 RPM Raptor?
>
> Or do I have this concept back asswards?

Just install the OS and apps on the Raptor. Use another drive for
files.

--
Conor

Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B

Boy, you guys are just trying to be polite, I think.

I *do* have this ass backwards, or typed it in a alcohol stupor!

Should read:
OS on Master drive
Games on 10,000 RPM Slave.

But in your gentlemanly replies, I read - just put OS
on the fastest drive.