[SOLVED] Any advice for a build?

Mar 20, 2019
I'm looking at building my first PC, which would be used for photo editing, work, and some very casual gaming (Minecraft). I've read what seems like every article on the internet about this but still am not sure what the best build would be for my budget (about $600). Also, not looking to OC. Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

Current top choice is:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Ballstix 2x4 GB Sport LT
WD Blue #D 500 GB SSD
EVGA 450BT, 80+ Bronze
WD Blue 1TB PC HDD
Rosewill FBM X-1 ATX Mini Tower

Last edited:
Solution
If you're only planning to play less demanding games like Minecraft and edit photos/videos, you could get a new i5, cheapish motherboard, 16GB RAM, a reliable ~300-400 watt PSU, a little mid-tower case, and a HDD or SSD for storage within your budget. You might even be able to get a graphics card after all that, or get an i7 rather than an i5.

EDIT: Didn't see that you had posted a build. That looks good to me, but as Bearmann said below, you might want more RAM and a more reliable PSU.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
If you're only planning to play less demanding games like Minecraft and edit photos/videos, you could get a new i5, cheapish motherboard, 16GB RAM, a reliable ~300-400 watt PSU, a little mid-tower case, and a HDD or SSD for storage within your budget. You might even be able to get a graphics card after all that, or get an i7 rather than an i5.

EDIT: Didn't see that you had posted a build. That looks good to me, but as Bearmann said below, you might want more RAM and a more reliable PSU.

Last edited:
Solution
Looks pretty good but I would try to push it up to 2 x 8Gb for the RAM. I think that PSU is tier 5. Would try for at least a tier 4.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/?tab=comments#comment-12402695