[SOLVED] Any advice/help wanted

Jun 13, 2021
Alright hello everyone.. So I have this issue with my computer and I can't seem to figure it out it's driving me crazy..
It is a prebuilt from CyberpowerPC (only bought it because I couldn't get my hands on a 3070 and this had one)
anyways.. The specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboards: Gigabyte 450M DS3H Wi-Fi V2-CF
Ram: Crucial Ballistic 3000 Mhz 8 GB x2
GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra
PSU: Enermax REVOLUTION D.F. 850w
AIO: Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280M
Storage: Adata Swordfish NVMe SSD

Now for the issues (I'll list any/all issues I've had recently/information I've gathered)

#1 Randomly on boot-up normally only after being off for 4+ hours after logging into windows with the pin
the screen will go black, keyboard and fan rgb freeze, keyboard stops responding (pushing num lock does not turn numlock light off)
the only thing I can do is push and hold the power button to force it to turn off and then turn it back on.. Normally on the 2nd
boot up after the issue the computer is fine and works as normal.. (Event logs show nothing)

#2 Randomly on boot-up normally only after being off for 4+ hours after logging into windows with the pin I'll get some
screen artifacting followed by a small freeze, followed by my screens going black then coming back on. Event logs show
'Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.' (I haven't had this issue since uninstalling iCUE.)

#3 Sometimes opening iCUE causes issue #2

#4 Tried to reinstall iCUE got issue #1 in a boot-loop the screen would just go black after entering windows pin. After 10 or so force reboots
windows just instantly BSOD with 'Critical Process Died' (even when attempting to boot into safe mode) And I had to reinstall windows.

#5 (Has happened twice only after reinstalling windows) BSOD 'WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR' Followed by 'select proper boot device' at post.
(Fixed both times by going into bios and selecting Windows Boot Manager as boot device)

Things I've tried:
I can't update the motherboard bios because I can't find this motherboard on their website. (CyberpowerPC OEM?)
Stress test CPU & GPU. (Pass no issues)
Ran Memtest.
DDU and reinstalling drivers.
Reseating GPU & Ram.
Uninstalling iCUE. (seems to help?)
Reinstalling windows.
SFC scan etc. (sometimes there is an error found, normally nothing found)
Reseating PSU cables.
Unplugging commander core from motherboard usb header. (Only tried this once didn't seem to help)
Disabled RGB Fusion in bios.

Notes:
Issue(s) happen at least once a day (Normally at first boot)
I was able to use the PC without any issues for 3 days by disabling iCUE at boot until I decided I wanted to change the fan color then
it came back.

Solution
I can't update the motherboard bios because I can't find this motherboard on their website
Cyberpower does not manufacture motherboards so they would not be offering the updated drivers, BIOS, utilities.
these would need to be downloaded from the manufacturer.

if they do not offer a detailed invoice listing the actual components;
that's just another very good reason to not deal with pre-built systems.

if you can't determine the motherboard make\model from Cyberpower,
you will need to look on the motherboard itself which may require removing it from the system.
then go to the manufacturer's product support page and download all of the latest files.
I have this issue with my computer and I can't seem to figure it out it's...
I can't update the motherboard bios because I can't find this motherboard on their website
Cyberpower does not manufacture motherboards so they would not be offering the updated drivers, BIOS, utilities.

if you can't determine the motherboard make\model from Cyberpower,
you will need to look on the motherboard itself which may require removing it from the system.
then go to the manufacturer's product support page and download all of the latest files.
I have this issue with my computer and I can't seem to figure it out it's driving me crazy
you will need to be careful when diagnosing\working on a pe-built system yourself.
there's a chance you could invalidate any warranty provided by the retailer you purchased from.
which will in turn invalidate the warranty on all included components.

to have any problems you encounter fixed
you may need to RMA the entire build and let them deal with it.
...it came back.
my first attempt at a solution would be:

find the motherboard make\model
download all of the latest drivers, utilities, & BIOS
install them and store them on a separate drive.

if updating everything to latest available does not help;

i would move onto wiping the entire OS drive,
reinstalling the latest version of Windows directly from MS,
then install all latest motherboard system drivers,
then install all of the latest component software(iCUE, etc).

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 13, 2021
Cyberpower does not manufacture motherboard's so they would not be offering the updated drivers, BIOS, utilities.

By unable to find the bios I did not mean from the cyberpower website, I meant from the gigabyte website, they said this motherboard version doesn't exist (according to the website), I read somewhere on reddit someone messaged gigabyte about it and they said it was an OEM board so they don't support it.