[SOLVED] Any advice on how to reduce my cpu temp?

Jan 26, 2021
I have an ASUS Z490-A motherboard with an i9-10850k chip. I am cooling it with a be quiet dark rock TF but it is still running at upwards of 90 degrees Celsius when playing certain games, namely Call of duty Warzone.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Full PC specs, please. More info, more accurate troubleshooting.

I have the AI overclocking enabled on my mobo but even with that disabled it will reach the mid 80s when playing warzone.
Restore your motherboard's default settings please.
Unlike most of the other vendors, Asus has been sticking with the Intel stock profile. So restore mobo default settings, save and exit.

Jan 26, 2021

Unlike most of the other vendors, Asus has been sticking with the Intel stock profile. So restore mobo default settings, save and exit.
I would try using a different software for monitoring,lets say either MSI Afterburner or HWinfo.
Ive used speccy in the past as well with the same readings I will give afterburner a try though.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Jan 26, 2021

I have 32 gbs of corsair vengence ram, 16 rgb, 16 gb low profile. I also have a gtx 1080.

Jan 26, 2021

I restored the default settings but the cpu is still attempting to run at 4812 Mhz.