[SOLVED] Any alternative to Seagate Dashboard?

Jan 16, 2020
I have two 5TB external Seagate HDDs connected to my PC by way of a powered USB hub. In Seagate's Dashbpoard, I have set the external drives to sleep after 1 hour. But they sleep within a few minutes, and I find myself annoyed by having to wait for spin-up time to access the drives. The drives often spin up anyway, causing slow-down in PC performance. Is there a way to get Dashboard to work, without bypassing the hub? Or is there a better alternative?

Ralston18

Titan
If the drives go to sleep early (i.e., "within a few minutes") do some time tests to determine the exact amount of time or perhaps going to sleep within some specific time window.

Check the units on the sleep time: E.g., hours, minutes, seconds...

Next, look for some other power saver kicking in that preempts the Dashboard configured time.

May be some residual power saving plan in Windows:

WIN + "I" > System > Power & sleep > Additional power settings

(Or type "power plans" into the "Type here to search box".)

If nothing astray, then uninstall the Dashboard.

Then download Dashboard again via Seagate's website, reinstall, and reconfigure.

Jan 16, 2020
Thank you for responding. I tried all the options you kindly suggested, without success. This issue does not occur on my other systems but only with Win 10 on my laptop that has a 512GB SSD. So maybe there is a compatibility issue. I will just keep the USB drives disconnected, until needed. Sigh!