Any alternatives to Pinnacle Studio ?

dons

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Hi. I'm getting fed up with the hassles of using Pinnacle. Are there any
good alternatives ?

I don't need fancy transitions, music overdubs, etc. I'm looking to take a
few hours of kids soccer and make a 30 minute DVD. My latest project has
about 150 "scenes", most of which are 10-15 seconds long.

From what I've seen on this ng, and the Pinnacle boards, I will need to render
the project as new AVI. Take the file and render again to hard disc. Then,
use Ahead/Roxio to burn a DVD. After many hours of rendering and burning, I
may get a usable DVD.

With the exception of first making a new AVI file, I tried the above, and got
a DVD with out of sync audio that freezes up after 5 minutes.

Thanx for the input......don

On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:50:05 GMT, Don_Shoemaker@HotMail.com (DonS)
wrote:

>Hi. I'm getting fed up with the hassles of using Pinnacle. Are there any
>good alternatives ?
>
>I don't need fancy transitions, music overdubs, etc. I'm looking to take a
>few hours of kids soccer and make a 30 minute DVD. My latest project has
>about 150 "scenes", most of which are 10-15 seconds long.
>
>From what I've seen on this ng, and the Pinnacle boards, I will need to render
>the project as new AVI. Take the file and render again to hard disc. Then,
>use Ahead/Roxio to burn a DVD. After many hours of rendering and burning, I
>may get a usable DVD.
>
>With the exception of first making a new AVI file, I tried the above, and got
>a DVD with out of sync audio that freezes up after 5 minutes.
>
>Thanx for the input......don

depends upon how much you are willing to pay to get good quality.
most nle software will generate a decent finished avi.
i would suggest using canopus procoder lite to create the mpeg2/dvd
files.

or you could use ulead dvdworkshop to load the avi and create a dvd.

wrote:

>Hi. I'm getting fed up with the hassles of using Pinnacle. Are there any
>good alternatives ?
>
>I don't need fancy transitions, music overdubs, etc. I'm looking to take a
>few hours of kids soccer and make a 30 minute DVD. My latest project has
>about 150 "scenes", most of which are 10-15 seconds long.
>
>From what I've seen on this ng, and the Pinnacle boards, I will need to render
>the project as new AVI. Take the file and render again to hard disc. Then,
>use Ahead/Roxio to burn a DVD. After many hours of rendering and burning, I
>may get a usable DVD.
>
>With the exception of first making a new AVI file, I tried the above, and got
>a DVD with out of sync audio that freezes up after 5 minutes.

When you're using WindowsXP you may try MovieMaker which is included.
Moviemaker can edit dv-avi and export it. After this you can convert
the dv-avi to dvd compliant mpeg2 with TMPGEnc from
www.pegasys-inc.com , which has a 30-days free mpeg2 encoding ability.

Try Dvd-Author from the same company.