Any best solution for recover data from dead iPhone & no backup?

Golden Lion

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Hi,
My iPhone won't turn on n charge. I search on google and read more than 200 article and try all the way but didn't turn on iPhone. I can connect to the iPhone in DFU mode and iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Popup the message You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

If I click on this, it warns me that factory settings will be restored and that data will be lost. I don't want to lose my data. I didn't have backup.

I go to apple showroom the guy told me have hardware problem.

If i restore the iPhone in recovery mode not sure can be restored successfully without any problems and iPhone turn on but the apple guy told me is hardware problem if hardware problem then how to restore iPhone in recover mode?

I take the iPhone in phone market in hong kong. There is so many repair mobile shop can easy to change anything in any mobile. i go to many shops after they checking the iPhone all they say can't repair. some say CPU or motherboard or logic board.

Let's start discussion.

Option

1. I saw on video in china they can take out very easy memory chip from iPhone.

http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/03/iphone-fla...

Question :

A. After take out the memory chip from my iPhone they can backup to my computer?

B. Can backup to my account iCloud Drive?

C. They can restore my data to new iPhone?

D. Is possible without take it out memory chip can backup to my computer or iCloud Drive they can do this ?

E. VERY IMPORTANT: If they can back up on their PC then they can restore the data to any iPhone by copy serial number for hacking ?

Someone saying:
No they cannot transfer data from the chip.

They just do a backup on their PC for you, that's it.

They just copy serial number onto new chip, then restore iphone backup

2. Buy second hand iPhone then ask them take it out my iPhone memory chip and put in second hand phone.

Question: After they change the memory chip then second phone show all the apps and my data? If iPhone work this way then also can backup on iCloud Drive?

3. If have Logic Board problem then i change the logic board then my data memory chip put on my logic board.

Questions:

A. Where i can buy Logic Board iPhone 6 plus 64 Gb ?

B. iPhone show all the apps and my data ?

C. Can backup to my iCloud Drive ?

Someone saying: he pointed out that it's a small ic chip on the logic board are common to blow on these and will stop ur iPhone from powering on or even charging he did the repair today and walla it's back working I honestly thought the phone had it but 100% this is the issue its caused by overcharging.

Questions: Which ic chip on the logic board?

I download many account apps where i save the data because that apps didn’t have backup service. I have get back data.

If any other option available please share here to help others.

I already spend 15 days on searching and read article and wasting my time. Hope soon can find the way to recover the data.

Thanks very much

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB

Solution
You already checked the phone with repair people in person, not sure what else you are looking for on the forum. Going by the video you linked, looks like it's possible, they have tools to copy the memory from the phone to a different memory chip, as long as the issue is not with your memory chip.

About all your other questions, if you know of someone that changed a chip that fixed their device, contact them to find out what chip. Rest of the questions don't matter, once you get the data copied from your chip, it will go into another chip in another phone or back into yours, then you can copy whatever data you want to iCloud.

Golden Lion

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Hi Hang. Thanks for reply.

I go to the apple show room in person after they checking the guy told me is hardware problem.

I live in hong kong. Next day i go other many shop in person n they open the iPhone and check all have same answer can't repair have mother board or CPU or can say logic board problem.
if there have any other problem in the iPhone i'm sure they can repair in 30 mins.

I know the shop which is showing in video that one is in china.
http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/03/iphone-flash-storage-upgrade-shenzhen/

This website guy written:
The device’s internal flash storage with a new 128GB chip from Toshiba. And all of the device’s storage is transferred to the new chip, so you don’t lose any data in the process and can continue using the device with everything intact from before the upgrade.

People written on the other website after they watch that video:
Someone say: If they can transfer the data from a 16gb memory to 128gb, it is possible to do what you want to retain your photos . It looks like that they transfer the image over to the new chip.
Someone Answer:
No they cannot transfer data from the chip.
They just do a backup on their PC for you, that's it.
They just copy serial number onto new chip, then restore iPhone backup

I'm afraid of something if they just do a backup on their PC for you then they can do restore iPhone backup to any other iPhone. Is possible?

What do u think ?

Thanks

I don't know anything about what they do for the backup, if you are there, you can ask them. If they back-up the phone to a computer then they can restore it onto another one, but that usually takes your Apple ID and password. I'm sure they would not want to be put out of business because they kept someone's files without permission, so I really doubt they keep your backup to use somewhere else.

Solution