Any Canon 300D Rebel owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
I am getting ready to purchase a 300D Canon for my wife for Christmas and I have concers about the body. Are there any problems with it being plastic? Is there a better choice in SLR's for the same price out there? THank you for your time and Happy Holidays.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.

Auburn9698

Champion
Shouldn't be any concerns about it unless she really plans to abuse it. Amateur-grade SLRs just aren't made quite as heavy-duty as pro-grade versions because there's just no real need. Mine are amateur-grade and I haven't had any probs with them.

That's one of the better buys for the money.

<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange>
"That was just instinct. Kind of like running from the cops." -- Marquis Weeks, TB, U. of Virginia

TokranePo

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
I just bought one myself. Some say that the image quality of the $1499 20D is better all around, which I do not doubt, but I am satisfied with the 300D. Honestly, the plastic body is not that noticeable unless you are already used to heavy-duty pro cameras and would be disturbed by a lighter feeling. The camera seems to hold onto heavier lenses just fine with lots of movement, though I would imagine that anyone buying a 300D is probably not going to spend a ton of money on super-expensive lenses. Most of the lenses that match the camera in price range and capability are plenty light enough anyway.

I give it the big thumbs up. Hope she enjoys the camera

The more you know, the more you know that you know less than you thought you knew when you knew less than you now know

Status
Not open for further replies.