Any Chair Suggestions?

Gore Magala

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Im looking for a chair with ~2ft seat.. That is 2ft from the ground. My desk is fairly tall at 35in 1/4'. Im looking for a budget chair as well XD.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Dont bother with automotive "gaming" chairs.
An auto chair is not ergonomically designed for the task.

Go to an office furniture recycling store.
Find a used REAL office chair. Try them on for size. You can get a proper computer chair made by a reputable manufacturer that may have cost $1,000 when new for a cheap bargain price. My chair doesn't look impressive or fancy. It's 10 years old and looks brand new. It fits my butt perfectly and is supportive and comfortable.

Gore Magala

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

thats a great idea but the closest one is about 4hours away. Its not impossible but i'd rather not

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

There are online used office furniture stores.
It's just with ergonomic things (chairs, keyboards, mice, monitors) it's always best to try them on for size IRL.

Flouro Flibboflasm

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
Having tried many office chairs over the years I am strongly sold on this one:

I wasted money on cheapies, wasted money on expensive models, never wanted to pay for- or risk being seen in a gaming chair- and for a fraction of their price($70 each) I got 2(white editions) of these.

I like them MUCH better and if they ever wear out replacements are cheap. Heck, they already outlasted chairs that cost several times their price- or more!