Any changes you would make?

Hanszch

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi, i have a build here. I just want you guys to look at it and change it if you dont like it.

case: nsxt s340
proc: 8350 Black edition
Ram: hyperxfury 8gb
card: msi gtx 970
Storage: 1tb wd blue+ samsung 850 ssd
Cooling: cm hyper 212 Evo 250 GB
Motherboard: msi 970 gaming
PSU: vs550

Will the ram (8gb) suffice for gaming or should i buy 16gb's?.
I know the psu isnt very good but it will hold up?
Thanks in advance

Solution

no they dont, the 8350 is slow, i3's usually beat it in gaming

specifically for gaming an intel cpu would be a LOT better, that i5 even with no overclock EASILY beats a 5ghz 8350

i really suggest you make a new post with your budget and ask for help getting a gaming setup

you have some outdated information
would definitely go for an i5, even an i3
or wait for AMD ZEN and see what it has to offer
but the FX8000 series is old and pretty much dead

16GB RAM would be nice
the PSU is lower quality you might have to change it down the line
if you don't have it already, definitely change it

Well my opinion is AMD is a bad investment, that CPU even overclocked is beaten by a basic i3 6100 in most or possibly all games. The i3 also has upgrade options of going to an i5 or i7 later and uses DDR4 which will be reusable in future builds unlike DDR3 which is end of life.

Also that VS PSU should be nowhere near a gaming build, very low quality unit.

Kjeld_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
i would go for i5 get 16gb of ram go for a msi nvidia gtx 1060/1070 depents on budget and lose 1 ssd its better to have 1 hdd and 1 big ssd then 1hdd and 2ssd u have right know and maybe make hte 550watt psu to 600

Hanszch

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

Nah, its just for gaming and the amd is much cheaper. Indeed the platform is old, but they both run games equally as good. I see no reason to put 100 extra euros into it for the i5 6500. Also, i will need a more expensive mobo, as u mentioned. The i5 isnt oc either

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

no they dont, the 8350 is slow, i3's usually beat it in gaming

specifically for gaming an intel cpu would be a LOT better, that i5 even with no overclock EASILY beats a 5ghz 8350

i really suggest you make a new post with your budget and ask for help getting a gaming setup

you have some outdated information

Solution

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Thats not true (I actually have a 8350 in another computer), but good luck anyway.

TRENDING THREADS