[SOLVED] Any cheap motherboard and Cpu's that can be recommended.

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
Im a little bit new to pc building and so far i have accumulated some basic pc components but need help deciding on a motherboard and cpu that can support these components while still being fairly cheap.
I have ddr3 1600mhz 8gb x2 ram
and a gtx 1050 SC
i have my own HDD so that wont be needed.
any reccomendations? im hoping that i can find something on the intel side at the same power of an fx 8300(minus the core count)
also my budget for the motherboard and cpu is around 60 to 140 -_-\\\

Solution
the monitor is hdmi and vga only so thats why i was thinking about the adapter.
also the cpu and cooler both seem fine but im still searching for a cheap mother board supporting the 16 gb of ddr3 ram and gpu i was looking at some of them and they seems to only support up to 8gb
-EDIT
i found the motherboard that fits best and a cheap i7
Acer Motherboard H61H2-WM and 60$ 2600
Do you know if the motherboard supports the gpu i cant seem to find if it supports my gtx 1050 sc. thanks in advance
Then avoid the ones that have a max of 8GBs. Most of the boards on the list support a max of 16GB.
Only look at the Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, and Msi mobos. The others are likely the ones with the 8GB ram cap.
If it has a PCI Express x 16 2.0...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No choice but to go to the used market here, but more info is needed.
What's the resolution and refresh rate of the monitor?
Do you have a cpu cooler, and what is it?
The EXACT make and model of the power supply? That info can be found on a label printed on the unit itself, or you can just post a picture of the label via imgur.com

Just so you know, FX 8300(FX period) was bad when it launched, so you're setting expectations kinda low in comparison, but I believe a used I5 2500 would be a start - it(a 4 core cpu) outperforms the FX 8300(8 core).

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
No choice but to go to the used market here, but more info is needed.
What's the resolution and refresh rate of the monitor?
Do you have a cpu cooler, and what is it?
The EXACT make and model of the power supply? That info can be found on a label printed on the unit itself, or you can just post a picture of the label via imgur.com

Just so you know, FX 8300(FX period) was bad when it launched, so you're setting expectations kinda low in comparison, but I believe a used I5 2500 would be a start - it(a 4 core cpu) outperforms the FX 8300(8 core).
The used market is fine its the best in my opinion since you never know what youre gonna get.
Im actually using a tv at the moment as bad as it seems its pretty good it goes at a normal resolution of 1920 by 1080 at 60hz
i do not have a cpu cooler on me at the moment
My power supply is a coolmax cp series silent fan eps power supply at 500 w(off brand i think but worked in my past system fine) no information online but works well.
model cp-series
500w
mad for atx motherboards 3 sata power cables and pci express
this one
http://www.coolmaxusa.com/productDe...ls=overview&subcategory=120mm&category=single

Last edited:

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
PSU isn't great, but it should be okay, since you won't be able to push it too hard anyways.
Do you already have either of these cables to connect the tv to the card? Dual-link dvi-d, hdmi, or displayport?
the card has none of the display cables connected besides the hdmi since that is what connect to the tv.
-Sorry to edit this later but also im deciding on using the display port for dual monitors by getting an adapter to hdmi as well.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
H61 chipset motherboards
I7 2600

Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO *requires 159mm of clearance between the motherboard and the side panel of your case
If that one is too tall, then the Intel stock cooler: Intel E97379-001 CPU Cooler
Difference between the 2 besides height? Noise. The Intel stock cooler will run louder to achieve the same level of cooling as the other one I linked.

the card has none of the display cables connected besides the hdmi since that is what connect to the tv.
-Sorry to edit this later but also im deciding on using the display port for dual monitors by getting an adapter to hdmi as well.
Why do you need an adapter? Do you already know what the 2nd monitor is going to be?
If the tv is occupying the hdmi port, you still have the dual-link dvi-d port and displayport on the gpu to use. I see no reason for an adapter... unless you already have the 2nd monitor, and it's only accepts a vga or another hdmi connection.

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
H61 chipset motherboards
I7 2600

Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO *requires 159mm of clearance between the motherboard and the side panel of your case
If that one is too tall, then the Intel stock cooler: Intel E97379-001 CPU Cooler
Difference between the 2 besides height? Noise. The Intel stock cooler will run louder to achieve the same level of cooling as the other one I linked.

Why do you need an adapter? Do you already know what the 2nd monitor is going to be?
If the tv is occupying the hdmi port, you still have the dual-link dvi-d port and displayport on the gpu to use. I see no reason for an adapter... unless you already have the 2nd monitor, and it's only accepts a vga or another hdmi connection.
also the cpu and cooler both seem fine but im still searching for a cheap mother board supporting the 16 gb of ddr3 ram and gpu i was looking at some of them and they seems to only support up to 8gb
-EDIT
Do you know if the motherboard supports the gpu i cant seem to find if it supports my gtx 1050 sc. thanks in advance

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-EDIT
Then avoid the ones that have a max of 8GBs. Most of the boards on the list support a max of 16GB.
Only look at the Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, and Msi mobos. The others are likely the ones with the 8GB ram cap.
If it has a PCI Express x 16 2.0 slot, it'll work with the card. The gpu's pcie 3.0 bus interface is backwards compatible with pcie x 16 2.0.

Reactions: *temo
Solution

*temo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2019
If it has a PCI Express x 16 2.0 slot, it'll work with the card. The gpu's pcie 3.0 bus interface is backwards compatible with pcie x 16 2.0.
thanks!