any clever people out there?

jeremy

I have recently been checking the system management log and this error
message seem's to appear constantly. I am not sure how to get this sorted..
any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 4
Source: ACPI
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ACPI_ERR_AMLI_ILLEGAL_IO_READ_FATAL
Message: %2: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address
(%3), which lies in the %4 protected address range. This could lead to system
instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Explanation
The system BIOS attempted to incorrectly access hardware resources
concurrently with the operating system. This type of access cannot be
synchronized and can cause system instability.

"Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

The message reads this way because it's likely a hardware problem.

If you're comfortable with technical details you could try disabling the
ACPI entries in Device Manager - don't remove them, just disable them - and
see if your error goes away. Or see if there is an updated BIOS for your
system.

But your best bet is to contact your system vendor.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently been checking the system management log and this error
> message seem's to appear constantly. I am not sure how to get this
sorted..
> any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 4
> Source: ACPI
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: ACPI_ERR_AMLI_ILLEGAL_IO_READ_FATAL
> Message: %2: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port
address
> (%3), which lies in the %4 protected address range. This could lead to
system
> instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> Explanation
> The system BIOS attempted to incorrectly access hardware resources
> concurrently with the operating system. This type of access cannot be
> synchronized and can cause system instability.

Hi Jeremy,

Have a look at this MSKB article:

"ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address" error
message when you open the event viewer

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod