[SOLVED] Any compatbility issues with this build?

tomriches91

Reputable
Dec 10, 2017
Hi,

I want to build a starting PC for my son, and I didn't want to spend too much because he doesn't play many graphics-heavy games. Here is what I've come up with, I've already for a case, and I was going to add my old GTX 770. Can anyone see any compatibility issues, or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCIe x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Solution
Absolutely no issue with the build. If your son does not play many Graphics Heavy games then if you would like to save more, the Ryzen 2600 is at a great price and will more than do the job for mixed use gaming, web, office, videos etc...You also do not really need a cooler as the one supplied will do the job...

The 3600 though is a notch up and great also...

Also note that you will need to update the BIOS on the B450 motherboard to make the 3600 work...the Ryzen 2600 is a straight drop in and no issues.
Absolutely no issue with the build. If your son does not play many Graphics Heavy games then if you would like to save more, the Ryzen 2600 is at a great price and will more than do the job for mixed use gaming, web, office, videos etc...You also do not really need a cooler as the one supplied will do the job...

Also note that you will need to update the BIOS on the B450 motherboard to make the 3600 work...the Ryzen 2600 is a straight drop in and no issues.

Solution

tomriches91

Reputable
Dec 10, 2017

Awesome, appreciate the advice, I'll take a look at the 2600.

One thing I completely forgot to mention is the RAM. As RAM is so cost effective now 2 x 8GB for 16gb would be a lot better as you would get the benefits of Dual Channel and Ryzen will make better use of it. Savings by dropping down to the 2600 should more than make up the difference.

Reactions: sizzling

LWFG001

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
I do not think this is a overclocking build at all as it is for his Son and light gaming with surfing, videos, word office etc...apologies and Jump in if I am wrong tomriches91....

I hear you. If he's not overclocking, he can just use the stock CPU cooler that comes with the CPU and save $35.00.

Reactions: vMax