Question Any difference between PG279Q manufactured in late 2016 vs now?

Aug 8, 2019
I'm buying a used Asus PG279Q monitor off of eBay for a much cheaper price than new, but I've just seen that the manufacture date says December 2016 on it. Considering that's almost 3 years old, has there been any changes to the monitor recently, or would it be exactly the same to one produced now?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
My PG279Q happens to be December 2016 as well. In terms of hardware it's the same as far as I know. There was a lot of controversy surrounding quality control on this monitor, many my sample including have pretty bad backlight bleed issues, something I hope they have fixed by now.

I love the monitor but the excessive bleed mine has is quite disappointing in dark scenes.

I would say there is a good chance that a used PG279Q manufactured in 2016 will have some backlight bleed.

Aug 8, 2019
My PG279Q happens to be December 2016 as well. In terms of hardware it's the same as far as I know. There was a lot of controversy surrounding quality control on this monitor, many my sample including have pretty bad backlight bleed issues, something I hope they have fixed by now.

I love the monitor but the excessive bleed mine has is quite disappointing in dark scenes.

I would say there is a good chance that a used PG279Q manufactured in 2016 will have some backlight bleed.

That's good to hear, I was worried that I may be missing out on some hardware revisions or something by buying one that was a few years old.

The one I bought apparently has some backlight bleed, but I've heard it's almost impossible to get one without, and how bad it is I won't know until I get it - but they did say this particular one sorts itself out in 2-3 minutes (idk if that's true?!).

I didn't see the point in buying a new one, because you're not guaranteed less bleed and for all I know I could end up with one that has worse bleed... it's a complete lottery from what I have heard!!