Any drivers other than graphics card??

vezi244

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hello tom's hardware community i have a super simple question for you all today.

I have my gtx 1050ti's drivers up to date.

Is their such thing as drivers for the cpu or mbo and if so can someone tell me how to install and where to download tysm.

Solution
For your CPU there can be drivers for specific technology that your CPU can do stuff with, but this tech is usually nothing important for everyday users.

For you motherboard, there isn't drivers for it but a BIOS. There are drivers for specific parts of the motherboard such as LAN, audio and USB drivers but those are already bundled with Windows so you are good to go there.

So I'd say you are good to go. If you really feel like it, you can make sure you have ALL the necessary utilities for gaming installed. These would be DirectX files and Visual C++ Runtime libraries.

You can download and install the DirectX SDK to get absolutely every single DirectX version and all the files for them to ensure maximum compatibility with all games...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
For your CPU there can be drivers for specific technology that your CPU can do stuff with, but this tech is usually nothing important for everyday users.

For you motherboard, there isn't drivers for it but a BIOS. There are drivers for specific parts of the motherboard such as LAN, audio and USB drivers but those are already bundled with Windows so you are good to go there.

So I'd say you are good to go. If you really feel like it, you can make sure you have ALL the necessary utilities for gaming installed. These would be DirectX files and Visual C++ Runtime libraries.

You can download and install the DirectX SDK to get absolutely every single DirectX version and all the files for them to ensure maximum compatibility with all games old and new. Download HERE.

For Visual C++ Runtime you can download and all in one package HERE
Wait for a few seconds for the download to start.

After installing these you can run Windows Update to make sure you have the latest updates for them.

Outside of that you're good to go.

Solution
There are:
  • chipset drivers
    lan drivers
    audio drivers
    usb drivers
    storage controller drivers
You get them all from motherboard support web site.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

I wouldn't recommend doing this. This software is not necessary and can end up hurting your system in the long run and usually tries to continuously install other software that you don't need. I do like the power uninstaller though, I would recommend that but nothing else from iobit. Just do as SkyNetRising says and get drivers for motherboard and CPU stuff from the support page of your product.