Question Any enclosures compatible with 8TB MZ-77Q8T0B/AM SSD???

cmw_a1

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
I am looking for an enclosure that supports a MZ-77Q8T0B/AM 8TB SSD. Most seem to max out at 4 or 6TB and I am not sure which ones will support this SSD. I would prefer USB-C connectivity but I am open to anything at this point.

Conor

cmw_a1

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
I have actually purchased 4x different models that say they support 8TB but do not. The drive works fine internal to a computer or ONE external pigtail by Sabrent so I do not believe it is the drive itself. I coped 6TB onto it as a test and it had no issues.

I see that there is an enclosure by Sabrent and am probably going to buy it as their pigtail is the only thing that has worked for me. I would assume the chipset should be similar. I would have ordered this first but wanted something more standard than a USB-A to USB-A connection. Apparently you can turn a USB-A to C cable around and use that if you want it on USB-C ports or whatever. It annoys me to need a different cable for different devices. 1st choice was USB-C, 2nd MicroUSB 3.0, then this. It is just another cable to have to have around and others you already own don't work.

Conor