[SOLVED] Any experience with MSI AIOs?

ryanfranzese

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Thinking about going to an AIO. I like the aesthetics of this MSI AIO. The rest of my PC is all MSI, and love them or not, I like the logo, I like my theme, and I currently have the Z590 Pro-A mobo, silver RAM, and the 1070 Ti Titanium, so I'd like to keep the silver/white theme. Does anyone have experience with the MSI AIOs?

Prefer no RGB or minimal white lighting. I use corsair and MSI RGB to control my PC at the moment if I have to use anything.

I just upgraded from a Ryzen 1700X to an i5 11600k and I run a Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler currently.

Temps with the Ryzen used to run around 60 C when gaming, the i5 is hotter, of course (higher TDP), and sits around 70-75 C when gaming. However, when I try to OC (the 1 click in the MSI Z590 bios) (1.4v 4.7Ghz) It sits at high 80s when gaming, and does thermal throttle when under full artificial load.

Simply Don't Waste your money on it.

Last week there was 3 threads of people having issues with that unit.
It can only be mounted vertically as the pump is in the radiator.

In that price range there are Air coolers that will do a better job as long as you have good ventilation in your case.

Would help others to list your case and how you have your fans set up.

ryanfranzese

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Simply Don't Waste your money on it.

Last week there was 3 threads of people having issues with that unit.
It can only be mounted vertically as the pump is in the radiator.

In that price range there are Air coolers that will do a better job as long as you have good ventilation in your case.

Would help others to list your case and how you have your fans set up.
Thanks for the heads up. I currently have a crappy case and only two fans. The plan is to move in to a Fractal Meshify 2 Compact soon. Will look into other more trusted units for sure.